2014 Yamaha FZ9!

Just sell the FZ1 and get a proper sport bike if that's the case. Not only are they cheaper, they're far better for a track day

I definitely don't want a sport bike for my main ride. When I've sat on the R1/R6 and lean forward full tuck, my chin is on the windshield almost. I rode the R6 at the last bike week demo ride. I would definitely like a bike like that just for the track.

The Fz1 is still the best 'do it all' bike that I can own at the moment. I've taken long trips on it, I commute on it, I've ripped canyons on it. I love it, and honestly could see myself staying on it till it gives up the ghost.

The Fz-09 just looks like a blast, and can probably accomplish most of what the Fz1 can with the exception of being comfortable to tour on part.

Any bike I get will end up needing a full suspension job for it to be track friendly for me with my weight. Maybe that's it. I should just continue to focus on the weight loss, get back down under 200lbs and then start thinking about a new bike.

The FZ09 would be pointless to have if you owned an FZ1 already, I think. You're probably better off with the FZ1 only or a cheap track bike and a sport tourer.

The FZ09 would be pointless to have if you owned an FZ1 already, I think. You're probably better off with the FZ1 only or a cheap track bike and a sport tourer.

Mostly true. The Fz1 with it's lower mpg average of 30-32 in town for me compared to the estimated 44 mpg of the Fz-09 would save me about $40 a month on gas, so close to $500 for the year.

In my dream future. I would have 5 bikes
1. Streetfighter
2. Sport touring
3. Race Bike
4. Adventure bike
5. Fz1

The FZ-09 mpg will suck too if you are getting 30-32 on the FZ1 in town. I get 34-35 in 50-50 mixed traffic and usually 40+ while touring backroads, 32-34 ripping it in the canyons....

I don't get how it will suck in town for fuel mileage. The bike is supposed to provide more torque than the R1 up to 8,000 RPM in a smoother curve. If the bike is more efficient providing torque that is what is used to get the bike up and moving in theory you would think it will be more efficient.

On average the best my Fz1 will do all highway is 36. The only time I got higher was in Colorado with 86 octane gas with less ethanol in it.

I ask the stealership today... they don't expect them on the floor for another few weeks. They only ordered 5 and 2 or 3 of them appenrently have down payments already... good try Mr. Salesman! :screwy:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I ask the stealership today... they don't expect them on the floor for another few weeks. They only ordered 5 and 2 or 3 of them appenrently have down payments already... good try Mr. Salesman! :screwy:

Got the call! :thewave:

Picking up my new sexy naked girl today around lunch! :shine:

Congrats Marthy! Awesome news. I expect videos and photos as soon as possible! :sinister: :cheers:

My "most local" dealer was a dumb ass and ordered the orange which isn't available as soon as the red and black. :shaking head: :wtf: :shame:

That's a nasty cough, Marthy. You'd better take care of that. I would think work would be very BAD for that cough. Perhaps there is a way you could ensure you work all next week by merely taking tomorrow off work. Yes, I think a sick day is in order. Get well ;)

Picture-64.png

3twraq.jpg

tumblr_ljmsyqCejM1qbu0hlo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Just sell the FZ1 and get a proper sport bike if that's the case. Not only are they cheaper, they're far better for a track day

I'm late to the party, but I 2nd Dustin on this. I've had my FZ1 on the track and I've ridden a sport bike on the track (BMW s1000rr) and the difference is night and day. I've no doubt that many things can be done to FZ1 to make it more track-worthy, but in the end, I don't think you'll end up with something better than a bike which was purposely built for the track.

You're probably right about the FZ1 to FZ9 move, but the one thing that intrigues me is the 80+ pound weight difference. I love the feeling of light bikes on back roads (not so much on highway).

I don't get how it will suck in town for fuel mileage. The bike is supposed to provide more torque than the R1 up to 8,000 RPM in a smoother curve. If the bike is more efficient providing torque that is what is used to get the bike up and moving in theory you would think it will be more efficient.

On average the best my Fz1 will do all highway is 36. The only time I got higher was in Colorado with 86 octane gas with less ethanol in it.

Stop-n-Go traffic will kill mpg of any motorcycle...

Here we go...

She looks much better in person than picture. Once the FE done the rear end will be much better. I drive it around the parking lotninly to load it on the truck... so not much of a review yet other than she seems to pull strong right from idle... throttle control.

Here we go...

She looks much better in person than picture. Once the FE done the rear end will be much better. I drive it around the parking lotninly to load it on the truck... so not much of a review yet other than she seems to pull strong right from idle... throttle control.

Looking good!!

Dude! That thing is sweet!!!

Shit load of torque right of idle and it seems to give a nice punch pass 6K. Anything pass 1/3 throttle in first gear and the front wheel is skipping. Throttle response is fine but very sensitive. PCV should get things a bit more smooth... one available. By the way there's a nuce spot to install the PCV, like it was design like that.

Pretty happy so far. Dash will take me a bit to get use to. 70 MPH @ 48-50 MPG at steady speed (dash in real time... not avrge)

If Yamaha use this plaform for the next FZ1 with a 1150cc engine... thats going to be sick. Because event with 850cc... thats more than anyone will ever need for thr road...

Ordered my exhaust goodies already... will have it done by the end of next week. :D

Back