2014 Yamaha FZ9!

I love the gold forks and purpleish-blue rims. Are they really purplish, or are the full on blue in real life? It's so hard to tell in pictures. I DON'T like the dash/guages, but I'm sure I'd get used to it. I'm even one of the weirdo's that doesn't mind the rear fender. I guess I have no taste.

I wonder what wind protection will be offered in the aftermarket. I know it's a "naked" bike, but I know I wouldn't mind seeing a 'Fazer' version with some bags too. I'll just keep wishing. It looks too tall for my wife. :( Would it be easy to lower, like the FZ6R and FZ1?

I know you'll be sick tomorrow, so I'll understand if you can't answer for a day or two! :evillaugh:

it looks like when you pull the exhaust it will look like you're removing a bladder tumor. The exhaust is probably an extra 7-8 pounds easy. You might be able to get the bike under 400 lbs with a straight exhaust and FE.

Good luck marthy if this bike was available when i bought my fz1 i would have got the 9 , i sat on it in millville and its perfect for me bars are higher and it seemed like an endouro .if its anything like the xs 850 from the 80's you will hsppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I didn't feel like the maps were horrible. Actually the stock map is right on it, just a bit lean. Once you get use to the sharp throttle its all right. But in map A the throttle is so aggressive on the bottom end that the lean condition on light decel when you just slow down at part throttle that it makes the bike a bit nervous on/off throttle. I can imagine if you push the bike in the twisties and right on the edge of the tire... not something you will enjoy. But it's thing of the past with the fuel controller and tune. It still get a bit of the same feel when you cruise at constant speed (O2 sensor lean to 14.7:1 for good MPG) but as soon as you slow down or accelerate the F/R get back smooth. If you hot the twisties or track days... just disconnect the O2 sensor. That was the best compromise I was able to get out of that package. If you leave the O2 sensor disconnected at steady throttle (ECO mode, under 15% throttle or so) the ECU goes in safe mode and get the F/R around 12.0:1 but remain in 13.2 to 13.5 in normal twisties riding conditions.

Back