2014 Yamaha FZ9!

Cant believe i missed this before, but here is a shot of what could be the next Fazer.

Its basically the same engine as the MT09/FZ09, with fairing.

And it does say "CG" in the pic so it could be a mock up of what they think it will look like.

An extra $1500 for the Fazer varient. Same price as the current FZ1/Fazer. Seems like a bit of a rip off for current fazer owners.

My problem it the FZ9 is you can't tell me you made a better bike and you're selling it cheaper than the model you're replacing. They had to cut corners and time will tell us what they all are. One is the exhaust as it is a single piece so no slip-ons only full race systems if you want to change it. Also the suspension will be garbage way to soft. The fuel tank is smaller, etc.

If that's the replacement for the FZ1, they can keep that pile !!
Looks like cheap crap...

You guys need to stop with the Honda philosophy before you really end upon the bottom of the sales pile.

This bike needs to be an 1100 5valve or 4 valve with a conventional crank and throttle cables.

Are you listening Yamaha??

KEEP YOUR YCCT AND USE IT ON SOME OTHER MODEL.... NOT THIS ONE !!

Ivan

I agree, its not a very attractive design.
But like I said, at this point its far from final.

Right now the best looking Sports tourer is the Kawi Ninja 1000. (not just my opinion i bet)

Performance wise its also what the next gen Fazer needs to be.

My problem it the FZ9 is you can't tell me you made a better bike and you're selling it cheaper than the model you're replacing. They had to cut corners and time will tell us what they all are. One is the exhaust as it is a single piece so no slip-ons only full race systems if you want to change it. Also the suspension will be garbage way to soft. The fuel tank is smaller, etc.

I'm trying hard to scrape some change and get the FZ9. Planning of doing the same thing I did with the FZ6R and come up with a cheaper exhaust solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

It's the same bike and it's pretty much being called the MT-09 everywhere except in the US.

That's because in 'Merika we don't like new names. We keep it the same, we even bring them back, Dart, Charger, Challenger, Impala, etc. Because in 'Merika we keep our traditions. Let those Prooo-gressive foreigners come up with new names, we don't need too. 'MERIKA

That's because in 'Merika we don't like new names. We keep it the same, we even bring them back, Dart, Charger, Challenger, Impala, etc. Because in 'Merika we keep our traditions. Let those Prooo-gressive foreigners come up with new names, we don't need too. 'MERIKA

It's funny, the MT-01 was not sold in America but it WAS sold in Canada. A rare moment where Canada got something cool America didn't! I wish Canada got to continue the MT line instead of ruining the FZ heritage with a triple. Fucking America!

Say all the 'Murikans riding a Japanese bike.......:p

It's funny, the MT-01 was not sold in America but it WAS sold in Canada. A rare moment where Canada got something cool America didn't! I wish Canada got to continue the MT line instead of ruining the FZ heritage with a triple. Fucking America!

I'm dying of laughter right now. I honestly can't stand how stupid most of the 'Merikans can be. And yes we ruin stuff for a lot of people around the world. (it's hard to convey sarcastic tone over the interwebs (homage to GWB), hahahah).

I think Japanese car manufacturers lead in sales compared to American manufacturers and everybody but Ford almost went bankrupt during our Recession

If only they would put the Crossplane R1 engine in the FZ chassis. :sinister:

This might convince me to pony up for a new FZ1. I heard a new R1 with an aftermarket exhaust start up at a Gas Station and it sounded sooooo mean. If I could get that sound for my bike and all the comfort and performance the FZ has to offer I would have the perfect bike.

I would love an R1, I just don't think it would be a good commuter.

Back