What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

got the Gixxer out for a ride got caught in a torrential downpour got home took all the fairings back off to clean it again pulled the Yosh pipe put the stock muffler back on so I can do some repairs on the Yosh

Trail side repair

I miscalculated a narrow gate on the back side of a tall berm and tore off the left saddlebag (again). It made quite a bang and rolled about 15 feet: oops:. A couple of zip ties and a ratchet strap and I was off down the trail. I have video of the trail but it might take a week to upload.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Hammer(to flatten and shape bent bracket), drill (to remove old pop rivets), pop rivet tool (to reattach bracket), Vise grips (to get hinge back to the right shape, with help of hammer) and she was all back together after I got home. I'm getting good at this particular repair.: owned:

Last edited:
Sorry you had an off. I guess it's usually not quite so bad in the dirt. I'm glad you were ok and able to get it back on the road/trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the turbo on and stared tuning.

10341d1335070146-what-did-you-do-your-non-fz1-motorcycle-today-574856_10150696098023269_537728268_9612416_1174645066_n.jpg

Looks great and I'll bet it will make some FAST times! But it sure doesn't look like you'll be dragging a knee on the right... The turbo is going to drag first. I take it this isn't for extreme carving but more for the drag strip?

Sorry you had an off. I guess it's usually not quite so bad in the dirt. I'm glad you were ok and able to get it back on the road/trail.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the bag "had an off". I stopped and looked back to see the bag rolling when I heard the bang.

Dirt riding sounds fun! Time for a dual sport? :banghead:

It is but a lot more tiring for an out of shape body, but I'mm working on it. It wasn't all dirt, some nice pavement to.

IMG_1115.jpg

Off to go get dirty again. Hopefully keep all the parts (without zip ties) attached today.

Rode about 120 miles on the turbo bike its strong for sure and I can still turn good to the left but not so good to the right.

Hey Jamie, is it like I see in the videos where you just grab some throttle and the front wheel is in the air?? What do you think the torque numbers are now? Also, did you have to go with a stronger chain for the additional power? Thanks!

Hey Jamie, is it like I see in the videos where you just grab some throttle and the front wheel is in the air?? What do you think the torque numbers are now? Also, did you have to go with a stronger chain for the additional power? Thanks!

Its really not that bad not like alot of youtube vids I have seen but that may be because im at 3600ft and lost a few ponies.We figure its making about 220ish right now and the front tire in first and second comes up fast and 3rd is light but it has 50 pounds or so of turbo stuff hanging on the front to keep it down.
Right now im still on the stock 530 chain with 13k miles and the clutch hhas springs and spacers so its good for now.I have a lockup ordered tho.

7psi for now as im am out of injector at 96% dutycycle with 42psi fuel pressure.I bumped it to 54psi and am now at 84% dutycycle

When you upgrade the fuel system have you given any thought to e85? is it common around your area? is that 7lb on a stock motor and are there any more plans for the bike? I love turbos.

Back