What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

Other Rides

Today I checked on he RZ350. Carbs are off now and being ultra-sonically cleaned. Compression check also underway.

I also worked on the Burgie today. I replaced a missing bolt on the front fender that had vibrated out. The po found the bolt but didn't have a clue where it came from. I also installed a new battery tender lead, and, installed a cargo net across the passenger seat to hold my thingy's when I cruise around town .. . :D

Yesterday I removed the Burgie's rear panel and installed the bright, rapid-flashing, brake lights (from the Helix I sold). They look great and they are incredibly bright. I also put the second coat of WAX on the ole Burgie, then, went for a ride !! w00t !!

Well this is a small thing but I am really bad about loosing keys.

20120403_164935.jpg

Four of the Ebay keys will help out. I need to get them cut I have had no problems with the four that I had cut for my FZ1.

Finished the installing the full Two Bros system and PC3 on the ZX6R. Wow this thing is loud, I cant believe how loud it is. I will need to see if I can get a decibel killer for it. I also took some more un-need parts off and theough them in the scrap pile. I'll try to get some pics up. It is 2bros black series the cand is black magnesium parts with a carbon can.

ONLY 4 DAYS TILL MY NEXT 2 TRACKDAYS:yes:

Finished the installing the full Two Bros system and PC3 on the ZX6R. Wow this thing is loud, I cant believe how loud it is. I will need to see if I can get a decibel killer for it. I also took some more un-need parts off and theough them in the scrap pile. I'll try to get some pics up. It is 2bros black series the cand is black magnesium parts with a carbon can.

ONLY 4 DAYS TILL MY NEXT 2 TRACKDAYS:yes:

I put the db killer in mine and there was very little difference save the dollars, I would just buy good ear plugs you will only be running 15 -20 minutes at a time on the track anyway.

Cant wait to se the pics! I am sure that there is a huge weight difference.

The Burgie 650 today

Today I removed the stock "butt-rest" and set it aside. I then installed the new, backrest I got online and I must say, it is sweeeeet !! MUCH more funtional and comfortable with true, real world, lower-back support !!

I also installed my new, yellow, siliconized, Caterpillar O-ring throttle lock !
So stinkin' simple yet so funtional !! Just roll it onto the gap between the grip and the bar end weight. It is just FAT enough to lay in the groove and provide some resistance, , , , NICE !!
The silicone/rubber is UV resistant and will last for years out in the weather. I found them on the BurgmanUSA.com site and got two of them for cheap . . . . !! Great Idea. The second one I hope will fit on the FZ !

Here are a couple of pics.
The first pic shows the O-ring on the bar-end weight along with the backrest.
Note the FZ. . . . black stablemates- they are . . .. !!! w00t !!

cleanerwax.jpg

Yesterday I got a coat of Meguiars cleaner wax on Jodie's black '09 Ninja 250r. I didn't really intend to, but I expected her Zero Gravity Double Bubble in dark smoke to arrive, but it won't get here until next Wednesday. Anyway, it had about an inch layer of dust (she hasn't ridden in a while) so I took it out to hose it off and start it up. After that, the wax was sitting out, so I thought I'd just do the tank, and the whole bike ended up with wax (like it should). I pooped out before I did the wheels. Now I appreciate my naked even more (well, 'S' model, but still mostly naked).

The Ninjette was a bear to start. It cranked over alot and wouldn't fire for a while. When it finally did, even full choke barely ran and died a few times. After it got going and I could turn off the choke, it would spit out a light smoke when reving. This cleared up after a few minutes. Glad I keep the bikes on the Battery Tender.

It's all nice and shinny now. The weather is crappy with lots of clouds, not much light and looks like rain, or I'd have some pictures. I doubt you could tell much difference by the pictures anyway. I'll take some after I get the dark smoke ZG DB on it next week.

Rz350

Today I started re-assembling the RZ. Still doesn't run. But, she is going back together . . . . . . :popcorn:

I'll have more pics on my RZ350 thread . . ... :)

Here is the two piece, rear fenders(s), bolted in place. The fusebox and the relay box are re-attached to the inner fender.
Also, the tail piece is now in place !
The tool kit is now secured inside the tail-section.

Back