What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

They rev so fast with a turbo. i get to ride a turbo busa once and a wile. stock motor with 4lb it went 8.85@160. this year the motor and fuel system was built. it now has 20lb of boost. it has a boost control also. i havent had a chance to ride it yet but my buddy already said i will. i am pretty excited to run it thru the gears.

Well I got the 91 gixxer torn apart and doing some cleaning and tinkering waiting for the carbs to come back. Got myself an old Yosh and a set of pod filters waiting. 20 years of chain lube is a pain in the arse....

005.JPG

001.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

Just finished installing a Dale Walker/Hindle 4 into 1 on her....just have to connect back the horn and change the nuts on the rear flanges (small exhaust leak) and I'm done.

Dropped the Ape off for her 600 mile service. Evap canister is coming off, and we'll set the sag when I pick her up. The best part is the ECU will be unrestricted, and I'll be able to go to 12,500. I've been limited to about 9,000. This should add another 40 hp or so!

The wife saw the ZG DB dark smoke on her little Ninja when she pulled in tonight and loved it. She had to ask if it was on there the last time she rode it and she just didn't notice. It wasn't. LOL I scored some points and diverted her attention away from the FZ having a ZG DB and a ZG Sport Touring now :D

Dropped the Ape off for her 600 mile service. Evap canister is coming off, and we'll set the sag when I pick her up. The best part is the ECU will be unrestricted, and I'll be able to go to 12,500. I've been limited to about 9,000. This should add another 40 hp or so!

I'm glad you'll be able to open her up now. I can't wait to here that V4 scream over 12k!

Replaced the rubber coolant hoses with flashy red silicon ones & free'd up sticky throttle return cable on CRF450R. Getting it ready for sale.:frown:

two quick bolt questions???

1) what should I do if anything, when I removed one of the header bolts I got a small piece of aluminum thread came out with the bolt its from the front of the threads. (I will anti sieze putting the new ones back in.)

2) whats the best way to get a broken rear rotor bolt out. I noticed one was broken off on this 1991 2 gen. I just picked up.

Thanks for the advice.

Craig

2012-04-25_22-58-14_577.jpg

1) what should I do if anything, when I removed one of the header bolts I got a small piece of aluminum thread came out with the bolt its from the front of the threads. (I will anti sieze putting the new ones back in.)

2) whats the best way to get a broken rear rotor bolt out. I noticed one was broken off on this 1991 2 gen. I just picked up.

Thanks for the advice.

Craig

2012-04-25_22-58-14_577.jpg

1) Run a tap in the head then screw the bolt & see if it tensions up.If it is stripped either drill & tap to the next size up or if thread/bolt size is important you might be able to helicoil it depending on how much meat is around the hole.

2)Drill the center of the bolt & use an easy out to unscrew the bolt.If it wont come out drill it out as far as you can without hitting the thread & run a tap through or drill it right out & helicoil it.

Back