What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I've had much better luck with left handed drill bits and it's game over if you break off an extractor in the broken bolt.

Helicoils have saved me more than once!

Put a new Pirelli Scorpion Pro on the front of my 2007 KTM/TR 320 XCF-W and found out that I have to replace the GPS power cable AGAIN. At least Garmin is sending one to me for free.

Cheers,

MrHix

The Suzook

Today, I changed the oil and filter on the Burgman 650. While I had the filter off I gained access to the two retaining bolts that secure the side stand safety switch.

I hate the switch. It won't allow the engine to start or run when down. Of course, that mean's you can't warm the engine up unless you use the center stand.

I removed the switch body after unplugging it and wired in a removable 'by-pass' plug to complete the connection. Works great !! And yes, I use the parking brake anytime I use the side stand. With no neutral and as easily as these babies roll, using the PB will prevent most problems. . . .. I hope !!

Refilled with my favorite . . . . Mobli 1 full synthetic 10w-40 Racing T motorcycle oil and a K&N 138. I simple LOVE that 17mm nut welded on the end. Sure makes a filter change sooooo much easier !! :tup:

Next, I plan to install a seperate 12V socket for my GPS. If it rains tomorrow , , ,, , I will get 'er done . . . . :D

The ZX6R received some woodcraft rearsets.
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

Heres some with the 2Bros I recently added along with he bigger sister.
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

On the way a Ohlins damper via someone incorrectly pricing thier buy it now on ebay.

Also for the Hawk some big changes coming. Heres whats on the way. Full racetech springs and valving, braided lines front and rear, installation of rearsets and a Penske 8900. She going to be a back road terrorist.

Last edited:
Rode the bike 300 miles now and its getting better every time I ride it.
Will have a build thread in the future.
Got a few things on order and when they get put on I will make a better vid
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MngmoE094_k&list=UU15hWZ0XeuGjKlilD6tJ2wQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Turbo zx14 gopro 2 test - YouTube[/ame]

What did I do? I ACTUALLY RODE IT!!!! Finally got her out on the road and went to work this morning. She ran flawlessly as expected. No leaks, rattles, shakes, etc. Just smooth sailing for a whopping 7 miles!!! Walked into work with a giant grin on my face! The ride home will undoubtedly take a bit longer!:evillaugh:

Got the T back from it's 600 mile service yesterday. We set the sag and damping. Maybe today I can try out all 12,500 rpms!

Track day tomorrow at Harris Hill Road. First one of the season. It's a small course so it will be a good one to get back in the groove, and finish sorting the bike. I see a big nap in my future come Sunday.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

What did I do? I ACTUALLY RODE IT!!!! Finally got her out on the road and went to work this morning. She ran flawlessly as expected. No leaks, rattles, shakes, etc. Just smooth sailing for a whopping 7 miles!!! Walked into work with a giant grin on my face! The ride home will undoubtedly take a bit longer!:evillaugh:

Glad to hear there were no issues. You're going to have a blast when you get a chance to finally hit Bear Mtn with it :D

Got it dirty and took it through a mile of hell

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

These are "adventure bikes", right?

IMG_1128.jpg

"Road May be impassable, ....for some!"

IMG_1130.jpg

"We made it"

IMG_1133.jpg

Some kids going through what we just slogged through.

It's amazing that there is still snow on the ground, yet the kids on the quad are all wearing cut-off tees.

The girl driving was about 20, and really nice looking, and covered in mud. Either her, or the younger brunette (also nice looking) had smeared the mud to look like war paint on her face. I should have taken a picture, it was priceless. I could not help but think "what a woman".

It was still fairly cool, but the lane was very shaded, probably doesn't see very much direct sunlight. There will be snow and Ice for a while yet. The stuff was solid still.

Back