What did you do to your Non-FZ1 motorcycle today.

I spent most of yesterday in my garage working on a few little projects:

Polished up the Ninja 250 and listed it for sale.

Installed Cycle Gear trackside aluminum handgaurds on my RMZ 250, and I put a new Michelin rear tire and tube on my daughters TTR125.

I installed a trick looking Carbon Fiber Tail Huger on my 999, I had to remove the back tire in order to do this, the mounting point on the brake side was on the inside of the swingarm lined up perfect with the tire :cuss:. I also installed a set of Tech Spec pads on the tank. While the tire was off, Bill's project inspired me to do some cleaning while I had access the wheel, sprocket and swing arm are all polished up now.

Moved on to the 675 track bike and worked on few of the smaller items needing to be completed. Put fresh brake fluid in the front and rear, and also did some safety wiring. I was hoping to install the slipper clutch but I just ran out of energy.

Looked at all the parts I am going to put on my 2007 KTM/Thumper Racing 320 XCF-W after my right tibia heals enough to walk.

Cheers,

MrHix

Rode the HELIX around town today!! Managed to avoid a speeding ticket and got to enjoy a beautiful, early spring day.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get the fizzer out and warm up the tires and the oil !!
:cheers:

Heavy Metal Love

Installed the freshly Powder coated Skid plate made by Canyon welding and a company known as Weld86. A Fellow 990 Adventure rider that makes beautiful works of Metal art!

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

I also installed a reinforcement bracket for the side stand making it nearly impossible to have damage occur to the engine block in the event of a crash.

The big beast is ready to roll. Now the hard part, waiting for riding weather.

WOW!!!! Those are some damn nice looking welds!!! LOL Wish I could make mine look like that :D

No kidding! I had seen pictures before I bought one, but truly he is a great welder when you see his stuff in person. The aluminum is 1/4" thick and the skid plate weighs in at around 8 lbs. This thing is nearly indestructible. If I can trash this plate, I won't be around to tell the tale.

Tried My hand at Home made Decals

For $5 I bought a yard of KTM Orange Vinyl and did my best to hand cut a few decals. I used a large piece of smooth plastic to cut on after taping a photo copied logo over the vinyl. I was fairly pleased with my first attempt.

I Jazzed up the rather plain looking Pelican case.

IMG_1135.jpg

Then I brightened up the Skid Plate.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Did I miss my calling or should I keep my day job?:rofl:

Last edited:
For $5 I bought a yard of KTM Orange Vinyl and did my best to hand cut a few decals. I used a large piece of smooth plastic to cut on after taping a photo copied logo over the vinyl. I was fairly pleased with my first attempt.

I Jazzed up the rather plain looking Pelican case.

IMG_1135.jpg

Then I brightened up the Skid Plate.

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

Did I miss my calling or should I keep my day job?:rofl:

Nice work Oldschool. I don't know about your day job, but I think you could make some change with your hobby.

NICE work Lee !! I see a money making 'hobby' for you !!
I never thought of rolling my own decals. I just buy them (for to much money) on ebay. . . . . :frown:

Back