Pod Mod - Lights!

I thought that FZ1inNH did a great job with photos. Here is a diagram I whippped up for you. I hope the colors come out looking right right I added text anyway. The key is that the black wires from the signals is not used at all.

Damn Brad! Your a jack of all trades! Nice diagram. The only way it would be easier is if you came and hooked them up!

Well if you can wait until February I will be in NY for an IT Governance meeting. :)

Oh I think I will have it sorted out by then :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] Now that it looks like it will be getting too cold to ride I will have time to take the side panels off again and double check the wiring. I see that we're both in IT :tup: And what exactly will you be doing at this conference?

I finally had a chance to take a snapshot of the Super Bright LED's installed. This is the before and after so you can see the difference between incandescent bulbs which I had originally, and the LED's.

Regular Incandescent 194A Bulbs (Before)
LightMod017-1.jpg

Super Bright L.E.D.'s (After)
MiscPics008.jpg

:nerd: Sounds very interesting. I should have taken computers instead of Architectural Technology way back when. Do you have the proverbial pocket protector with the pens and pencils in it? LOL!

Sort of... it grew into a Cortech Sport Tailbag though! :sinister:

Nice pics! Great job!!

Bought the Parts

Hey, thanks for the know-how FZ1inNH. I bought my parts today and will be doing the install tomorrow since it'll be raining and I'm off from work.

Normally I complain that every city looks the same with all the same stores, but this time I can't complain at all; atleast not until after I do the install. There's an autozone two blocks away. Score!

Oh yeah, I'm an IT guy also and not the scary clown kind.

Hey, thanks for the know-how FZ1inNH. I bought my parts today and will be doing the install tomorrow since it'll be raining and I'm off from work.

Normally I complain that every city looks the same with all the same stores, but this time I can't complain at all; atleast not until after I do the install. There's an autozone two blocks away. Score!

Oh yeah, I'm an IT guy also and not the scary clown kind.

:D Cool! A short video or it didn't happen. :deal:

You're welcome! I hope it's all the info you need!

Yeah, I saw that vid Brad. I hope Tony sees it. He'll have to rewire his setup. His lights aren't going on with the key, only with the turn signals.

It's not a matter of rewiring. It seems that since I have the LED turn signals there is not enough resistance to make them work properly if I wire them the way Brad did. I tried it a few weeks ago and it just wouldn't work. All I got were dimly lit bulbs and not much else. I just forgot to post on here. It's not a big deal to me that they only work as turn signals anyway so I'll just leave them alone for now.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of rewiring. It seems that since I have the LED turn signals there is not resistance to make them work properly if I wire them the way Brad did. I tried it a few weeks ago and it just wouldn't work. I just forgot to post on here. It's not a big deal to me that they only work as turn signals anyway so I'll just leave them alone.

Thats right! I forgot that you have LED signals. Yep, thats the reason. Well, I have a brand new relay from my Honda that I never used if you ever want to install it. It's a simple plug and play relay.

Dangit

Well I got everything hooked up and working smoothly today. I grabbed a pack of heat shrinks while at Harbor Freight getting my step bit. Whilst standing there admiring the new lights I remembered I hadn't taken any pictures... Doh!

I'll take a video later and showing the nice clean inside, too. The best $20 I've spent in a while...

Was going to do this mod as the first thing on my new bike... but the australian models have it built in :)
Just have to change the bulbs to LEDs...

bikefrontparklights.jpg

Last edited:
Back