Pod Mod - Lights!

Well, I'm back from "Bike Night", but not before finishing the pod light mod. Everything was very easy to do and the finished result was fantastic. Thanks to Eric for posting this mod. I'm very happy with the outcome. As for silicone to seal the plug, its not necessary. If you take a razor and slice a tiny bit from each ear on the plug, it locks into the hole very tight and will not pull out unless you really yank on it. The base of the plug makes a perfect seal. Here are the pics of the finished process.......

I used quick connectors for the hook-up rather than splicing and soldering...
LightMod012.jpg

Here's the finished hole on the left side of the bike.....
LightMod013.jpg

Here's the plug installed securely in the hole......
LightMod014.jpg

This was the right side once finished.....
LightMod011.jpg

And finally here's the finished product. It really makes the front end look nice..
LightMod017.jpg

Wow great job Billy. I'll have to do mine one of these days. Will probably be a good Winter project :)

You don't even need the winter for this one. It literally takes longer to remove the inner fairings than to do the mod. It's quick and painless. The step drill is the most important part of the equation. You don't even need a decent one because it's only going through plastic. Harbor Frieght in Saddle Brook has them for less than 10 bucks. Just make sure it goes at least to 3/4".

head light mode.

Very nice, very neat job. I have to say that's a great mode, I would go even farther and eliminate my side signals. Just my take on it.

Thanks for sharing.

really got me thinking as well to remove the side indicators and just stick with the pod light-signals. It'll save the hassle to each time remove the side signals when i'm doing trackdays. (already replaced rear with integrated LED signals-rear light) NICE JOB DONE

really got me thinking as well to remove the side indicators and just stick with the pod light-signals. It'll save the hassle to each time remove the side signals when i'm doing trackdays. (already replaced rear with integrated LED signals-rear light) NICE JOB DONE

I never thought of the track day aspect. Thats a thought! Thanks.

use the same parts? (other than the quick connects...)

I already have enough to do......:rant: and now you go and add this to the list :+1:

how about a video in operation -- can't let Eric have all the video rights....

Nice Work!

use the same parts? (other than the quick connects...)

I already have enough to do......:rant: and now you go and add this to the list :+1:

how about a video in operation -- can't let Eric have all the video rights....

Nice Work!

I know, I have to pick up a new camera for video. The one I used at the races was on loan to me. As for the mod, this one will take you a half hour to complete and less than 15 bucks total. How can you beat that! I used the quick connects which sped things up a bit. I taped them up with electricians tape to protect them. Let me see about taking a quick video with the old camera.

Yes Johnny, I would love to but I need more info from you. Do you have any instructions with the kit? It's useless unfortunately to just show me some wires since without being there and testing the wires with a tester, there is no way I could know what wires do what. What is the company who made the kit? Give us some more info in order for us to help you my friend. Thanks.

Finally getting to see the finished product. Great job Billy! :tup: Smack the Staples button.... \"That was easy!\"

Thanks Eric, Now if I can just get the rest of the bike to work I'll be just fine. Had carb issues today and the bike is 65 miles North of here in some guys front yard until I can go retrieve it tomorrow morning. I'll fill you in later as I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Gotta hit the sack. Have a great night!

Well I finally got around to doing this mod last evening. I spent about $16 in parts so it was relatively cheap. However, I am not impressed with the brightness of the little LED bulbs I got. They get drowned out by the brightness of the headlights. Oh well...

Well I finally got around to doing this mod last evening. I spent about $16 in parts so it was relatively cheap. However, I am not impressed with the brightness of the little LED bulbs I got. They get drowned out by the brightness of the headlights. Oh well...

Thats because you must have made the same mistake I did. They have to be those "Superbrite L.E.D." 194A bulbs, not incandescent bulbs. A friend who was dropping me off at home from work Saturday saw my bulbs and he said he's bringing me the 194A bulbs that he uses in his car's foglights. He says that they are in fact BRIGHTER than his regular headlights! I can't wait.

Thats because you must have made the same mistake I did. They have to be those \"Superbrite L.E.D.\" 194A bulbs, not incandescent bulbs. A friend who was dropping me off at home from work Saturday saw my bulbs and he said he's bringing me the 194A bulbs that he uses in his car's foglights. He says that they are in fact BRIGHTER than his regular headlights! I can't wait.

No, they are LED, not incandescent. I guess they're just not the "superbrite" variety. These were the only ones Pep Boys had anyway. I will have to check out Autozone later. Might as well replace them now while I still have the top covers off.

No, they are LED, not incandescent. I guess they're just not the \\"superbrite\\" variety. These were the only ones Pep Boys had anyway. I will have to check out Autozone later. Might as well replace them now while I still have the top covers off.

Wow, I know Eric said that Autozone sells that brand, or was that Advance Auto?? It's in the very first post on this thread. I can't wait to see the bulbs my friend is bringing me tomorrow. He swears that they are brighter than his actual H4 headlight bulbs!

Yeah, its Autozone!

Well I should have looked at this thread before going shopping, but I had some time to kill the other day while I waited to meet some friends for dinner and decided to stop at Pep Boys to get the parts. It didn't occur to me that their single LED light was not going to be very bright. Went back to AutoZone this afternoon and picked up a pair of the 4-led "Superbright" bulbs. What a difference!!! This is the way it should have been from the beginning. They are almost as bright as my Watsen LED turn signals.

Back