PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Thats a great deal, just wont work on my bike ;)

And today I got my 2010 R1 Rotors and the Penske!

I deglased the front rotors prior to putting them on, and installed the Brembo pads with them. Installed the Penske also. Unfortunatley it started raining again as I was putting away my tools so I don't have any good pics and have not been able to ride it. I will take it out sometime tomorrow if I can but if not I am going out all day Sunday and Monday anyways.

The shock is a work of art.

DSCF6926.jpg

DSCF6929.jpg

DSCF6930.jpg

Yes, the bike is filthy. Will be getting a proper wash this weekend.

I put some electrical heat shrink tubing over the metal SS clamps he sent with it. I like the look more, the camera makes them look funny but its the same color as the frame so it matches nice.

DSCF6936.jpg

DSCF6937.jpg

And my new rotors.

DSCF6931.jpg

DSCF6933.jpg

I have become a freaking pro at swapping pads and rotors. lol

Just did around 70 miles..

Brakes are unbelievable so I am leaving them alone now. They just STOP.

Shock. I don't really know how to explain how it feels. No more pogo stick, and my ass was able to deal with a longer period of time on the seat where as I normally am wanting to get off after a good 50 straight, now I just did 70. Seems to evaporate the small bumps, big ones are harsh, but man is it amazing.

Holds lines that I didnt think were possible.

Edit: Just did another 50. Really loving this shock. Really really really loving this bike! I am so happy with the things I have done from this point on. Also, the Amsoil is shifting super nice in this thing. Much better than the Royal Purple. If it stays like this around the 3K mark I will be ordering a case of it.

So from this point on, tires and oil. Nothing else will be coming any time soon. I can promise you that.

Last edited:
Bike looks fantastic Papa and I bet it's really great with the new suspenders! :)

Time to man up and ride for real now! 70 miles is child's play! Let that bike break you in and get out there for a good 500 or 600 mile ride!

Yeah but I did another 50 lol. I know I havent done very long rides. You come to RI and find me some real good roads. Problem is I have been going out a lot with the woman now and its her first season. She is not very fond of the highway yet so if I wanted to go like to NH or something for a real nice day trip it would be 2 up on mine and that SUCKS. Our asses kill us after 40 mins 2 up. I am good for a couple hours alone on the stock seat as I move around a bit.

Did another 120 miles today. Hope for another 100+ mile day tomorrow. Got like 5825 on the odometer now :)

How about some sport scoops or a real saddle.

Yeah, I am going to get those Euro Sport Scoops over the winter and have CopperDawg paint them for me.

As far as the saddle, I will not buy one until I can ride on one.

Took her down the beach. Well, its a point off the beach which has some nice scenery. My camera is not that great, was hoping these shots would come out better but this is the best I personally can do.

DSCF6992.jpg

DSCF6984.jpg

DSCF6973.jpg

DSCF6971.jpg

DSCF6952.jpg

Can't go on long trips without luggage.

So I ordered the following things this morning. Should all be here soon as it shipped today.

Delux Nelson Rig 950's
Nelson Rigg CL-950 Deluxe Saddlebags :: MotorcycleGear.com

Nelson Rigg CL-80 Mini Sport Tail Bag With a FREE Tank Bag Mounting Kit!
Nelson Rigg CL-80 Mini Sport Tail Bag With a FREE Tank Bag Mounting Kit! :: MotorcycleGear.com

Mounting kit for tail bag to saddle bags as I wont use the suction cup kit but nice to have it coming free with the bag lol. Could use it as a tank bag if I ever wanted too and get a bigger tail bag if I need to.
Nelson Rigg Triple Threat Mounting Kits :: MotorcycleGear.com

I tried the soft luggage route, I neither like the way they look nor the way they function. Hard luggage is the best!
I don't care for how they look. However, I will be using these maybe 3-5 times this year, otherwise they won't be on the bike. Cannot justify spending any more than I just did on luggage for it to just sit in my basement.

She didn't go swimming while she was at the beach did she???
That is a negative. ;)

I like that bag setup.

Thanks!

Back