PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

So I gotta say. I just hit aroung 3400 miles now with the Q2's. They are basically almost shot, I say I have another 800 miles left in them. Amazing tires, I just want something that will last a bit longer so I am going to go for the Pilot Powers (Not 2CT).

However today was around 90 degrees with no shade, and I did 120 miles striaght on the highway. When we got off the highway to get some coffee, I was looking at the rear tire. The center was all balled up with melted rubber like how track tires look after a track day. Only in the center though. I found that pretty funny. I am going to try and run these as long as possible, hoping to get the rest of this month out of them but realistically I will burn up the 800-1k they have left on them within the next couple weeks...

Bikes got 6350 on it now :)

So after some serious consideration and reading reviews and whatnot.. I am not getting the Pilot Power 1's. I do not drive the bike hard enough, and the tires I am thinking about people rail on them hard and say they are great. I remember CrazyBiker in particular saying a few times how much he liked his PR2's.

SO I am going to do the combo that a lot of people like. PP2CT Front and PR2CT Rear. Should last me the rest of this year, then I can do a fresh set in the spring. For 40 bucks more, over the normal pilot powers, this combo should give me an added 4-5000 miles of tread life and still stick good enough for me to be happy.

:)

So I gotta say. I just hit aroung 3400 miles now with the Q2's. They are basically almost shot, I say I have another 800 miles left in them. Amazing tires, I just want something that will last a bit longer so I am going to go for the Pilot Powers (Not 2CT).

However today was around 90 degrees with no shade, and I did 120 miles striaght on the highway. When we got off the highway to get some coffee, I was looking at the rear tire. The center was all balled up with melted rubber like how track tires look after a track day. Only in the center though. I found that pretty funny. I am going to try and run these as long as possible, hoping to get the rest of this month out of them but realistically I will burn up the 800-1k they have left on them within the next couple weeks...

Bikes got 6350 on it now :)

Yeah the Q2's don't last real long but that's what you get with track tyres.

What is wrong with the Pilot Power 2CT's?
I have just fitted a set on my FZ1 and they also stick like glue.
They are an excellent road tyre and even on wet surfaces they still have good grip.

Yeah the Q2's don't last real long but that's what you get with track tyres.

What is wrong with the Pilot Power 2CT's?
I have just fitted a set on my FZ1 and they also stick like glue.
They are an excellent road tyre and even on wet surfaces they still have good grip.

Absolutely nothing is wrong with them! I am getting a PP2CT front, and then the Pilot Road 2CT rear. Great combo to get good mileage from. For the rest of this year I will be doing a LOT more slab than normal, and don't want to flat spot a Power 2CT rear, so I am going for the Road 2ct rear.

I loved the Q2's but the only reason I got them is because I got them for 195 to my door for the set. For that price, I could not argue it. But as far as getting a tire in that class again at full price, there is no reason for me to do it. I do not drive hard enough to warrant having track style tires on my whip.

I don't blame ya. If I was not going to be doing the amount of highway riding I have coming up, I would rock the Rear Power also. They are fantastic tires.

Edit:

Ordered the PP2CT Front and PR2CT Rear.

Last edited:
Going to do a test ride Sunday with these bad boys. Got them on today, took a LOT of playing around but they are setup nice now. So when I remove them I will not touch any settings so I can get them on and off in a few mins. Very large bags, lots of room. I thought the tail bag would be bigger, but it will do. They are nice!

DSCF6997.jpg

DSCF6996.jpg

DSCF6994.jpg

DSCF6993.jpg

So I finally toasted the Q2's. Kind of. I think the rear had another 500 left in it, but the front was on the wear bars. I apparently do not drive the bike hard enough as I got 4150 miles out of them. Most people never see over 3K on them.

Just put on my PP2CT front and PR2CT rear. If it wasn't 90 and humid totally disgusting outside and about to have a huge storm, I would go scrub them in but I will wait until tomrorow. I gotta say, there is a very satisfying feeling of doing this yourself. My tools have officially paid them selves off and now its just saving money from here on in.

Mandatory pics!

Look ma, no chicken strips!

DSCF7021.jpg

DSCF7019.jpg

DSCF7017.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing against CD as I love his windscreen, but I paid almost 400 for that after shipping.

What's he going to want, your first born for some hard bags?

LOL

Probably...Just look at the Corbin stuff and you'll get an idea of what it will cost to manufacture hard bags in a low volume. Probably wont sell too many that's for sure. I'm happy with my Givi V35s ;)

Still, I will never buy CD's stuff brand new. I don't like the way his pod lights mount with double sided tape which used to constantly come loose due to the curved shape of the fairing and the way his windscreens mount to maintain the clean look. I can very well understand that being homemade, his stuff is expensive but just not worth it for me in terms of value.

Plus other thing is if you crash, you are quickly out of money on such custom stuff as it is next to impossible to find it used in your color.

Yup, that is why I only have the screen. Looks killer, could not go without it.

But everything else is a no go for me. Very expensive stuff, and I appreciate the work he puts in but I just cannot justify it.

Ok so put around 50 miles on these tires...

Rides smoother than the Q2's hands down. These tires were a cinch to balance also. Rear didn't need weights, front took an ounce but was simple. Smooth into the triple digits, and they handle fantastic.

I actually like the way these turn in more than the Q2's. So all this comes down to is mileage, and I am sure they will last a long time. So these seem to be the tires for me!

Back