PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

I had these pegs on bike and loved them until I crashed and the left one snapped off the tab it was mounted to. In some cases this could cause the bike to be totaled because the insurance company will tell you that you need a whole new engine. Not trying to bash Satan's peg because I loved mine but I do think need to beware of the risks involved with using them.

What that happened, did you have frame sliders? If so, which sliders were they? Thanks!

Alright so an update.

The dude who I got the Rotors from gave me a full refund, along with money to send both sets back to him.

So what I did was order up a set of OEM 2010 R1 Rotors.

They are just sexy. I will send the waves back when these come in, swap these OEM's in with the Brembo pads and be done.

No more waves for me. The waves cost me 204, the OEM's 186 so that works. With the 15 bucks I did not spend, I upgraded to a premium membership here.

Here is a pic of the 2010 Rotors that will be on my whip soon. Very sexy for an OEM rotor IMO. I will be taking the rear wave rotor off as well, as I cannot stand things that do not match. Will put that for sale soon, nothing wrong with it but I will never spend the money on Braking/Galfer/etc so no need for this. I never wanted the rotors for the performance stand point, as I never heat the brakes enough to need the added cooling, I just wanted the look.

mp2u032400-2010-yamaha-r1-front-rotors.jpg

Douched my bike today. Ran that 50/50 mix of distilled water and distilled white vinegar. Then rinsed it all out and filled her up with some Engine Ice.

Going to ride it either tonight or deff all day tomorrow and see how it does. It took a long time to heat up thats for sure when I had it idiling in my back yard getting the overflow set right.

Updates to follow.

Yeah I will now agree with that after taking it out. From what I did tonight, slow crap with lots of traffic it stayed off the fans a lot more than normal. And it gets down to the 170's very fast when I hit the highway.

Worth the time to do it IMO.

Just got my tracking number on the 2010 Rotors. Should have them Friday. Will install those and the Brembo pads in the front, and the stock rear one rotor so they match.

I will put the rear for sale as there is nothing wrong with it, just won't look right in my eyes.

Ok so I have recieved my 4 Quarts of Amsoil and the Amsoil filter. Going to install those in a few mins after the bike cools down a bit. RP has just under 3K on it now, so the shifting is starting to get crappy so it is perfect timing.

Lee called me today, he shipped my shock I should have it Friday. I am STOKED!

So if everything comes in on time, I will be doing my front rotors and pads along with the Rear shock friday.

Only have 15 miles so far on my Amsoil.. Gotta say, it is nice and smooth. We shall see how it is holding up in 3K miles and if it's still shifting like this I will order a case of it.

That is what bothered me with the RP, it broke down fast and after 2800 miles was shifting like shit basically.

Back