PapaGeno21's Build Thread...

Thanks VA, I will keep an eye on the pads.

And he shipped my new rotors, should have them by mid next week. I will keep you all updated. As long as they are straight I see no issues coming from them.

Also, I am 20 miles away from rolling over 5k miles :)

Well my new rotors came in. I don't understand how they got here so fast.. 4 Days from China, but hey I don't care.

Hopefully will install them tomorrow, deff not today as its going to be 100 degrees outside.

Well my new rotors came in. I don't understand how they got here so fast.. 4 Days from China, but hey I don't care.

Hopefully will install them tomorrow, deff not today as its going to be 100 degrees outside.

How do they look on a perfectly flat and level surface? No gaps all the way around? Flip them over and look again. If you see any gaps between a perfectly level surface or the rotor rocks at all by pushing on the edges all the way around then it's not even worth your time and effort to install them. ;)

Rotors are on the bike. It started raining, so I only went around the block to just get some heat in them and do a few stops from 30 to nothing. I will know how they feel once I can actually ride it, so guessing Monday. I have been in contact with Raven Rider, and he said basically the following to me... The rotors are a lot harder than stock, so there is some pulsing in the lever at first. You should hit them with a scotch brite pad every once in a while until the pads fully bed into the rotors, which can take a couple hundred miles. Then they are great. So I got some of those scotch brite pads, and will do as he says.

I forgot about something until the other day when I did a long ride, Satan Highway Pegs. So I ordered those (was his last set). I noticed I was hanging my legs from the frame sliders on the long rides and remembered the highway pegs. LOL. So I got them in full black so they blend in but yet I can stretch out my short little legs when I want to!

Also, found an Amsoil Dealer on the R1-Forum who sells it at a good price, so I am going to get 4 quarts of the Motorcycle Specific Amsoil 10W40 and then the Amsoil filter and give that a try. As I put the miles on the Royal Purple, I feel like the shifting is kinda getting crappy. But it has only been around 2600 miles so I would like to try Amsoil as it seems to have serious good reviews and I don't mind paying premium if the oil is as good as everyone claims it to be. I will see how it is running in the bike after I put around 3K on the Amsoil, and if all is good I will get a case.

Last edited:
I ordered a case of Amsoil last year to try and I feel it wasn't worth the money. I used it in several different bikes including the FZ1 but when I ran out of it I started changing the FZ with Rotella instead. I didn't notice a single bit of difference between the $19/gallon Rotella and $45/gallon Amsoil so I've stopped using it.

$0.02

This is why I am going to order 4 quarts to start. That way if like you I don't see a difference, I will not get any more. But I gotta at least try it ya know? Otherwise I will always be wondering if there was something better.

DSCF6923.jpg

Woot! Going to install them in the morning and give them a go on the way to work. Can't wait!

had those pegs on for a week and got rid of them did nothing for me. I just turned over 15k last nite.Johnny and I can vouch for each other on how anal we are for keeping our bikes clean.Took the back wheel off last week to clean since she was dirtier that i like.lets see apic of the new rotors on geno

had those pegs on for a week and got rid of them did nothing for me. I just turned over 15k last nite.Johnny and I can vouch for each other on how anal we are for keeping our bikes clean.Took the back wheel off last week to clean since she was dirtier that i like.lets see apic of the new rotors on geno
Scroll a few posts up..

PapaGeno, I woke up this AM, found this thread and read it start to finish. Thanks, azzhat, now I have a note pad full of stuff to do to my 2010 FZ...

Awesome looking bike, everything looks like it belongs there, not just a bunch of mod parts tossed on. Well done!

LOL Kbay. Thanks!

I like these pegs. They are great. Very comfy, will be a big help on the real long hauls.

As far as my rotors are concerned.. I got the second set on the bike, and have around 200 miles on them now. Basically same situation. They pulse. Feels like 20% of the rotor is gripping the pads a lot harder than the rest. So about 20 mins ago I tossed in the OEM pads that came with the calipers I got, and it does the same thing but way less harsh. I guess that is just showing how much harder the Brembos grip the rotor.

I am pissed needless to say. Gave the cheap way a shot, and it did not work.

Now I don't know what to do. I LOVE the look of them, but due to the style of riding I do there is no need to drop 450+ on a set of Braking/Galfer/EBC/Brembo rotors.

What pisses me off the most is the rear rotor looks dumb with the OEM fronts, so maybe I will just swap them all back to OEM and call it a day. I do know for now with the OEM pads and the fake wave rotors, I am going to THRASH them next time I go out and see what happens. I figure if a couple panic stops from triple digits don't fix this, nothing will.

:(

DSCF6923.jpg

Woot! Going to install them in the morning and give them a go on the way to work. Can't wait!

I had these pegs on bike and loved them until I crashed and the left one snapped off the tab it was mounted to. In some cases this could cause the bike to be totaled because the insurance company will tell you that you need a whole new engine. Not trying to bash Satan's peg because I loved mine but I do think need to beware of the risks involved with using them.

Back