• Shark

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nolan

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I use a Fulmer modular and love the 'modular' flip-up design for a host of reasons, however I'll have to admit closing the chin often times takes a very deliberate flick down, and usually a couple of shots at it for it to 'click' in the locked position. Thats just me getting used to it from always having used a full-face HJC. My number one choice for anything else is an HJC full-face or an KCB full-face. It's a matter of fit and comfort of fit with my head shape. I'v tried the top $ stuff like SHOE and found the fit uncomfortable. The Icon's were marginal in fit, though surely a good brand. HANDS DOWN HJC is the winner for my personal fittment.

This is what I posted in another thread:

I have a Shoei -X11 and I love it. I am not a name snob and I don't care how much my helmet costs. I do care about how it fits, feels, and how much it weighs. I ride 156 miles or more every day, so I don't need additional weight on my helmet.

BTW, I picked up my X11 at a local dealer on clearance! I picked it up for $260!!!

Buy, the best you can afford, but make sure it fits you! My helmet is very noisy but incredibly well vented. In the california heat that is what I need!

I recently bought a MHR helmet.

Its full face/modular with an inner visor.

Good price with good ventilation. (arround $200 mark)

A little too much ventilation for winter in Japan though.

Could use better padding on the inside too.

Overall its a good helmet at a good price.

A good spare or second helmet.

Love the second visor. Makes the helmet look like master chiefs!

MHRƒwƒ‹ƒƒbƒg‚Ì—A“üE”Ì”„E’ÊM”Ì”„@—LŒÀ‰ïŽÐMHRƒWƒƒƒpƒ“iƒoƒCƒN—pAƒtƒ‹ƒtƒFƒCƒXAƒI[ƒgƒoƒC—pA“ñ—ÖŽÔ—pƒwƒ‹ƒƒbƒg‚È‚çMHRƒwƒ‹ƒƒbƒgj

this site is in Japanese so you might not be able to see it.

Its the G-mac series

Streetriding: AGV Longway
Racetrack: Shark
Former trackhelmet was an HJC-FS10, but after my fall last year it had to be replaced for safety reasons. My former HJC -CL systemhelmet has been replaced with the AGV one

What helmet

Shoei RF1000. My second one. Would have preferred to try an Arai, but found the Shoei on Ebay new in the box with a slight blemish on the shield for $160, made in 2009. WooHoo! It's a decent, relatively quiet helmet.

Shoei, nuthin but Shoei. I have a 3/4 open face, Multitech, and RF 1000. Won't leave home without them> I even have one that is over 10yrs old. I figure my knoggin is worth the extra expense. Besides, they are one of the lightest & safest. This makes a big difference on long multi-day rides. I do a lot of touring so the lighter the better.

My two sense. :shine:

New Lid for off road

I just got a smokin' deal on a new Dual sport Helmet so I don't have to take my much loved RF-1100 into dusty rock flying conditions when I go play in the dirt. Up here this Helmet retails for $800.00 and through Revzilla.com I paid $345.00 with near par exchange.

HornetDSsideangle.jpg

Warlordrs.jpg

Last edited:
Man that's a smokin' deal for a DS helmet. I went from a KBC VR-2 to the RF1000 at the beginning of the summer and I friggin' love it. It's a bit noisy but far quieter than the KBC and it just feels so good on my noggin'!. I went for the Crest:
cresttc5.jpg

Shoei RF-1000 and HJC IS-16.
The Shoei is more cushy feeling and maybe a little quieter. However, the HJC's retractable sunvisor is great when commuting early in the morning.

Back