Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nolan

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joe Rocket Carbon Fiber RKT101

Good helmet, very light weight. Only complaint is the amount of wind that comes in through the visor. Not a very good seal there.

ShoeiRF1000.jpg
[/IMG]

My Shoei RF 1000 TC sever. Light, and comfortable. I replaced the Scorpion EXO 1000 with it, and will never go back. Doesn't hurt that I got it at Cycle Gear on closeout for $169.00.

Sick and tired of cheap HJC helmets breaking so I ordered an Arai Profile and am praying it fits! Ordered my size per their chart. Hopefully the saying "you get what you pay for" is true. We'll see.............
Unfortunatly, living where I do there are no shops around that stock anything so I have to "shoot from the hip".
arai_profile_hlmt_almsil_LG.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been able to try on a Nolan, or the clones, but I've tried almost everything else and nothing fits 'me' like an Arai. Currently, a Quantum 2 in 'Jungle White'. I'm looking at the new RX-Q and a Corsair V, but have to try the RX-Q on.

Well, my new Arai Profile arrived today. All I can say is :jaw drop:
This is by far the most comfortable helmet I have ever had on. Looking forward to riding with it. Finally a helmet that fits my big oval shaped melon. Is it worth the $500.00? I don't think so. A big chunk of round plastic from Japan should never never cost this much. The color that I bought (Aluminum Silver) matches '06 FZ1 silver perfectly!
IMG00114-20110511-2235.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been able to try on a Nolan, or the clones, but I've tried almost everything else and nothing fits 'me' like an Arai. Currently, a Quantum 2 in 'Jungle White'. I'm looking at the new RX-Q and a Corsair V, but have to try the RX-Q on.

I have the RX-Q and love it!!!

Picking up a Scorpion EVO-1000 today...bought as a close out. Not expensive, but a lot more than my previous Sparxx and cheap second hand helmets. Hoping it's as good as advertised:)

Arai RX7 GP for me, fits very well once I custom ordered some different thickness pads, a beautiful helmet.

The downsides are A - Weight, compared to top line Shoei helmets the Arai is noticeably heavier and B - Aerodynamics, again Shoei for ultra high speed riding ( 120MPH plus ) much less 'wobble' and I can look behind at these speeds with the Shoei and it is firm and unmoveable, the Arai does shift around a little, even though I have had it fitted properly and spent the money on the 'bespoke' pads.

I also have a Colin Edwards Yellow '5' RX7 RR4 - which was signed by Colin at Le Mans two years ago, took me ages to get rid of the autograph once I had decided it was to 'posey' lol. However this DOES fit me better than the RX7 GP, I think the shell re design suits certain heads, perhaps not mine.

Have I gone on too long....

HJC Saved my Brains twice now. had a grizzley 660 barrel roll. The Gas tank section crammed my head a foot into hard packed snow on a snowmobile trail and im here to talk about it... Ill never switch brands

Nothing very nice. I used to were the spiked one about 15 years ago, I had an '83 kz 1100 w\ 4 into 1 header to nothing stage 3 jet kit and k and n pod filters and drag bars. Loud and ugly everybody called it the mad max.

Back