• Shark

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nolan

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went with the Bell Vortex this summer. I was looking for a helmet that would vent well in the hotter that the sun Texas temps. The Vortex was great when moving its like having AC even at low speeds plus DOT and SNELL rated and under $200.00. I'm planing to pick up another for my wife soon to.

New Shoei XR1100 under the xmas tree...yahoo!!! My old Shoei XR1000 has been great but after 8 years of constant use its time to retire it...new XR1100 is so light and comfortable...

Speed and Strength along with S&S mesh jacket with liner
001-1.jpg

I have an Arai RX7RR KRJR model and an ICON Mainframe I bought for commuting.

I'm done with Arai. I've owned several over the years and they are just too expensive. There's so many other brands out there now that are as good or even better for much less money.

I have an Arai RX7RR KRJR model and an ICON Mainframe I bought for commuting.

I'm done with Arai. I've owned several over the years and they are just too expensive. There's so many other brands out there now that are as good or even better for much less money.

I've got a Shoei RF1100 and an Arai RXQ. I love the Arai! Best helmet I've ever had - by far. Not even close. I've been convinced I am only an Arai wearer now. So.....who else is as good or better?

I had an Arai Vector previous to my Scorpion EXO-400 and although it was very comfortable and light, I was surprised at the quality issues I had. I will say straight away that I did wear it every day and put it through heavy use but I was disappointed to find the liner packed in after 3 years and it was unwearable. On top of that, the liner was not removable and it was impossible to keep it from smelling. I also had issues with switches and flaps breaking and it fogged up like a mother in the fall and winter.

Despite that, I am considering another Arai (an RX-Q actually) as I loved the lightness and comfort and I know the RX-Q addressed a few of my concerns from the Vector.

I have done a full day of riding in RX-Q......9 hours and approx 500 miles with great performance in Texas hills. On multiple days in succession. No head or neck strain or pressing on top of my pointy head. Perfect. Didn't even notice it on my head. Not the case with other brands for me. Maybe the best part is the advantage in peripheral vision I get from this helmet (with my head shape) compared to other ones. The shell is supposedly the same racing shell faceshield eyeport as in the Corsair V (5 mm wider on each side), but with much less price. Intermediate oval fit. Highly recommend Arai. Worth it! The money is well spent on your melon, in my opinion. :D

Also, the shield clears away from fog quickly. Non-issue. Seems extremely light weight too.

Last edited:
Stay Away From Scorpion

I wear a Bell Star (Medium) and all of my headwear is Medium.

I checked the retailers notes and customer feedback before I ordered a Scorpion EXO-1000 and it was so small that it sat on top of my head.

I emailed them and they recommended ordering a LARGE, which size I have never worn, but I ordered it and it was so small that I injured my ears putting it on and off.

I emailed them to arrange an exchange for EXTRA LARGE but they backpedalled and just arranged for a refund.

One thing I can tell you, Scorpion helmets are 1 to 2 sizes smaller than advertised and MotorcycleGear.com doesn't stand behind their product.

I wear a Bell Star (Medium) and all of my headwear is Medium.

I checked the retailers notes and customer feedback before I ordered a Scorpion EXO-1000 and it was so small that it sat on top of my head.

I emailed them and they recommended ordering a LARGE, which size I have never worn, but I ordered it and it was so small that I injured my ears putting it on and off.

I emailed them to arrange an exchange for EXTRA LARGE but they backpedalled and just arranged for a refund.

One thing I can tell you, Scorpion helmets are 1 to 2 sizes smaller than advertised and MotorcycleGear.com doesn't stand behind their product.

Yea, it's been my experience that Scorpion helmets tend to run a size smaller than other helmets I have used.

Back