A few of you may have seen it on FB but this is the new home. Our offer was accepted. Buying you say? Yes! The rental process was too disappointing and painful and it is cheaper to actually buy a new home... We went from looking at rentals on Saturday to putting in an offer on Sunday. Our realtor there had Michele and I on FaceTime doing live tours of 6 places. We ended up putting in an offer on this new construction Sunday night and it was accepted. By Tuesday morning, the loan was in process and closing is set for Nov 6th (but we all know closing dates are moving targets!). Nearly twice the home I have in NH and it is $12 less a month to own. Nothing is stopping me now! FZ1inTX FTW!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 127
congratulations

Very nice looking house. I enjoyed being in Texas in the sunshine when home was snow covered and freezing. You should rack up the miles on the FZ now. Better to be riding than pushing the snow blower!

Thanks all! So looking forward to this... I had to break the news to my retired neighbors of 15 years... they are like grandparents to me. She cried like a baby on my shoulder, just as if I was her own child leaving. It was tough! I've taken care of their place all these years and help them every chance I get... and now they are too old to do some things. I'm soliciting another neighbor to pick up my part in their lives. :D

As for the home, we're on track! Nothing holding us up yet. Being new construction helps a great deal... getting it for nearly $30k under asking is even better! I guess they are competing with another new development so their little price war was to my benefit. Still a little unsettling to put an offer on a place that I've only had a FaceTime tour of! I have placed a fair amount of faith in the realtor. But with the 1 yr "bumper to bumper" I'm certain that anything gone wrong will be taken care of. The most comforting thought is by the time I get there, the place will be unpacked and settled in by my wife and daughter so I only need to unload the bikes and start riding!

Good for you Eric . I hope you enjoy the warm weather and im also hoping you take these snowy winters somewhere else besides the East coast .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking house Eric. What part of town are you in?

I saw recently the rentals are 96% full.

Thanks Pete! This one is in Leander right next to the Robin Bledsoe Park and 278. So long as the underwriters can get beyond one sticking point, everything will be a go. I need to talk to you though... I would like to know if you could/would do us a favor. It won't take long and you need to lift nothing. ;)

-Eric

So, as gracious as Pete was to help me out, the builder won't allow anyone but the owner to do the walk through. Thank you anyway Pete!

So with that in mind, I am flying down on the 20th and back on the 21st. I have a 9am appointment on the 21st. So far, still on track for the Nov. 6th closing....

Well, we are here! 4 days of driving a 26' Penske with a car hauler attached is brutal. But it was uneventful and we are here safely. Closing is 9am on Friday.

The NH house was put on the market Monday and already has been shown twice!

Well, we are here! 4 days of driving a 26' Penske with a car hauler attached is brutal. But it was uneventful and we are here safely. Closing is 9am on Friday.

The NH house was put on the market Monday and already has been shown twice!
Hooray! Welcome to Texas, just in time for a storm tomorrow morning.

How y'all doin'?

Yes, made it without incident, closing went off without a hitch, and we unloaded the truck on that Friday and had it returned early. We've been able to get most of the stuff unpacked and already had some new furniture delivered.

Certain things in TX are just the opposite of NH. In NH, we had to get our license first, get the cars registered, then get them inspected. Here, we need to reverse that order. Becoming a Texan is confusing at times... So that means I cannot do anything with the motorcycles until I get them here from NH.

Regardless, the house is awesome, the weather has been very nice and the people are very accommodating and pleasant. I got a BIG surprise when we pulled in to open the door for the first time with OUR keys... MY sister from the panhandle drove up to my sister's house in Mobile and they drove out here to help us unload! It was very nice of them and such a welcome surprise! That is how we unloaded in such short order. :D

I fly back this Saturday and am stuck in NH for an unknown amount of time... When I'm ready, I'll stuff what I can into the 4Runner, lock the bikes on the trailer and begin the 2000 miles drive all over again.

Pete, we will have to catch up on my next return (likely over Christmas). This week has been a whirlwind of activity and getting everything transferred to our names, setting up new services, etc...

Thank you all for reading along! Take care!

-Eric

How do you like the "Texas Turnaround?" They confused the heck out of me at first, but once you understand them, they're great.

So what do you think of the goofy weather so far? Hot and humid one day, cool and dry the next. Drought, then flooding.

Wait until you discover the cute, little "Fire Ant" as you are gardening one day.

Last edited:
Back