Won't go past 60

I'll try that...that's the problem its like the new plates are a hair bigger and covers part of the groove

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

I have stock plates so i cant say. maybe try take back apart and reasemble just to make sure nothing is bound up. have you tryed pushing on the plate to get it in the hole?

I ran out of time to really mess with it today...ill get figured out tomorrow for sure....thanks

You may have to apply a fair amount of pressure. One of the rings behind these is a compression ring and it should be a very tight fit to get that wire installed. Like stretch said, apply pressure and get one end inserted then work your way around the unit until you get back to the other end. :D Good luck!

Your right Eric...that bowl shaped spring is probably it...ill get it tomorrow and let you guys know...

Well, I got the clutch all back together and cover back on with new gasket, hooked in the new clutch cable line...and the damn this is so freaking loose...I adjusted the cable at the lever and just after the bend under the tank and its is still so loose....so I went to adjust the free play adjuster on the left side of the bike and that was all the way tight...I'm just irritated now:mad:

Well, I got the clutch all back together and cover back on with new gasket, hooked in the new clutch cable line...and the damn this is so freaking loose...I adjusted the cable at the lever and just after the bend under the tank and its is still so loose....so I went to adjust the free play adjuster on the left side of the bike and that was all the way tight...I'm just irritated now:mad:

Easy there D, do you have the original cable to reference? It has to be an adjustment issue. The cable can only be so long no matter how it's routed. Is the new cable the factory part or aftermarket?

When you say the adjuster is all the way tight does that mean it all the way in tight against the clutch purch or all the way out with all the threads showing? in gives more slack and out takes up slack.

I appreciate all the help...but I broke down and took it to the dealer....1-2wks out....they really actually booked until the 1st of May...but since I install their signs they are gonna squeeze it in somewhere

I appreciate all the help...but I broke down and took it to the dealer....1-2wks out....they really actually booked until the 1st of May...but since I install their signs they are gonna squeeze it in somewhere

OUCH! Sorry to hear that D. Hey, it's sometimes better to just go "professional" than to be without the bike for weeks on end trying to figure things out. Thats why I brought the YZF to Ivan's rather than try to disassemble the carbs myself. You get an A+ for effort brother!

haha...ill take that...I'm a diy'er until I can't do it myself anymore...oh well sh*t happens right...lol

Exactly! There's never any shame in trying, only shame if you never try! I did my carbs on the FZ1 myself after Ivan jetted them for me. Once was enough though. It took him exactly 1-1/2 hours start to finish to remove, rejet, and replace the carbs on the FZ1. It took me 4 hours! It was fun but just like the Dragon, I'm glad I'm able to say that I did it once, but there is no need to do it again!

Dealer called.....to disassemble and reassemble the clutch...replace the wire clip in back of the clutch assembly....drop the oil pan and thoroughly clean screen and all then new synthetic oil and filter.....300 bucks and I'll have it next week....

So a total around $500...damn

Dealer called.....to disassemble and reassemble the clutch...replace the wire clip in back of the clutch assembly....drop the oil pan and thoroughly clean screen and all then new synthetic oil and filter.....300 bucks and I'll have it next week....

So a total around $500...damn

Well, look at it this way... the bike is modded the way you want it and it will be setup and done without you having to worry about anything but where the next fuel stop is. That's worth it! At least you tried first rather than just handing it to then with the blank check in the beginning. ;)

Well, I got to pick the bike up today, and rode it home, it was about an hour ride...The bike felt good and upshifted fast and smooth, the downshift felt a little hard, but not bad I guess...

The ended up replacing the wire clip that goes into the back of clutch boss, apparently that broke and came undone on me, so they changed that and some gaskets and drained and cleaned the oil basket and screen and obviosly changed the oil and filter...

All in all, I'm happy, I get to ride a gain...

Thanks to everyone that posted and viewed, especially to Cobalt, YZFriderNY and Stretched06!

Last edited:
Well, I got to pick the bike up today, and rode it home, it was about an hour ride...The bike felt good and upshifted fast and smooth, the downshift felt a little hard, but not bad I guess...

The ended up replacing the wire clip that goes into the back of clutch boss, apparently that broke and came undone on me, so they changed that and some gaskets and drained and cleaned the oil basket and screen and obviosly changed the oil and filter...

All in all, I'm happy, I get to ride a gain...

Thanks to everyone that posted and viewed, especially to Cobalt, YZFriderNY and Stretched!

Thats great news D! I'm happy for ya bud! At least now you can go and enjoy the heck out of her! Ride on Brother!!!!

Back