Won't go past 60

I sure hope this does it.

You and me both...I got the line ran and I have slack now it doesn't pull tight in either direction..

I took the clutch apart yesterday, there was some blueing/blackish purple going on see other posts for pics, no warping tho...the steel plats did have a strange white residue on them in spots that I could feel...but anyway changing those with a complete clutch kit hopefully wed..here is a link to the kit...hope its a decent one!

BARNETT CLUTCH KIT CARBON FIBER YAMAHA FZ-1 YZF-R1 | eBay

May be a dumb idea, but here goes...

Gen-1

I had some work done last year that involved pulling the engine cover. When all was said and done, I found something the shop missed, while on my way back from Austin. I could shift, but I could only get a fraction of throttle for a few minutes. It would briefly allow me to get a little more, and then die off (on 290 with traffic).

Ultimately I pulled off and checked under the tank. It was my throttle cable, where it attaches to the engine. There is a stop where the cable housing gets lock-nutted to hold it in place. The dufus forgot to put one of the locknuts below, and one above this stop to lock it in place and instead had the two locknuts together sitting under the stop, so the cable started jumping partially out of the stop's seat. Eventually it fell completely out (and I coasted to a gas station and made the repair and everything was fine.

Of course it could also be a lose throttle wire too, but it would only get looser, not go back and forth between loose and tight.

The postal and delivery companies are strange to me...My clutch kit iscoming from Holland, Michigan around Grand Rapids...I live 2 hrs south in Elkhart, IN....Instead of just coming to my post office USPS...they went to Indianapolis which would be 4.5 hrs south of them...Just so they could go back 2.5 hrs North to me....Make sense...not to me...lol

anyway I should recieve tomorrow, I might not have time to install it tho...

The postal and delivery companies are strange to me...My clutch kit iscoming from Holland, Michigan around Grand Rapids...I live 2 hrs south in Elkhart, IN....Instead of just coming to my post office USPS...they went to Indianapolis which would be 4.5 hrs south of them...Just so they could go back 2.5 hrs North to me....Make sense...not to me...lol

anyway I should recieve tomorrow, I might not have time to install it tho...

Same thing on my end. My last shipment from Partshark went from Indiana, past me to a hub in Suffolk County Long Island, and then back west 50 miles to the Bronx! Hello USPS!!!! Anyone home!!???

What would you expect from the USPS ? Did you really think any service linked to our government would be efficient, cost effective or in any way shape or from not be totally wasteful ? :rofl:

I have my clutch kit in and soaked in new oil...of course these plates are alittle different...

First I put the the 2 damper springs in....the bowl looking one second then a friction plate...with the narrower face, I then put the thicker steel plate....then its time for that wire clasp..I can't get that back in...any suggestions...

Oh and the friction plates are all the same except 2...the faces are smaller on these than the rest...but 1 is smaller than the other out of the 2...I was thinking smallest in the back and the other all the way up front....am I right...thanks

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

You can see in this that there are three separate types of friction plates but it doesn't show which mating surface makes them different. You are right that the odd ones go on first and last as friction plates. Part #7 are the ones all the same. Part 5 (last one on) and Part 10 (first one on) . . . Were they labeled any different from the packaging? Or, any indicators on the clutch plates themselves? Hope this picture helps!

attachment.php

D, I have had two diff ways work for me with the wire i put one side in wrap it around as much as you can the put the wire in some neddle nose plyers move it above the hole then push down on the wire with your finger or a flat screw driver. I have also done the same thing but instead of the plyers i used a strong magnet on a antanna i use to get droped bolts from tight places. hope one of these ways help you.

Back