Won't go past 60

I'm going to sound stupid now...but I really don't kNow where that's at stretched...lol

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats the last two pics you posted. I know I'm being a PITA, but a shot facing down at the top of the pivot in your last photo would be nice. Only saying because there is an alignment marking on it that could tell us a few things.

Thats the last two pics you posted. I know I'm being a PITA, but a shot facing down at the top of the pivot in your last photo would be nice. Only saying because there is an alignment marking on it that could tell us a few things.

thats what I thought it was...lol..hold on a sec...

oh and I am currently working on your decals:tup:

Sorry that was short. down above the clutch cover there is a section of the cable exposed between the cable bracket and the arm. in the photo it look tight to me. Like its pulling on the arm.

In this pic, the arrow and nub on the arm appears lined up so I think this is OK. Can you verify that directly above the arrow on the clutch cover is the small DOT on the clutch arm?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Your cable look a little snug there... I can see you have an aftermarket set of handlebar. Your cable seams to do a very sharp turn going down. When you release the lever, does the cable comes out all the way? With the sharp turn, combine with maybe dry out cable it might be sticking engage a bit. Make sure you check when you turn the handlebars side to side.

I'm just trying to throw some ideas out there... just want to make sure you don't burn the new clutch...

Good luck Mate!

I will check on this tomorrow ...and yes its aftermarket bars and yes it was a stretch....thank you guys for all this help

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

3281d31d-e2e9-7828.jpg
3281d31d-e2f7-dba0.jpg
3281d31d-e30b-049c.jpg
3281d31d-e31b-c1da.jpg
well the arrow and nub do align on the engine like you said Eric...and Marthy it is a stretch...

on further investigation i noticed a tear in the coating where the throttle cable wedges into a dip right before it goes unter the tank and frame you can see the cable...

also the line basically bends at a 90 degree angle, you can kinda see in my pic...it bends like an L when turned in that direction

I looked up your parts on PartShark.com and they are not all that expensive there.

THROTTLE CABLE ASSY 2D1-26302-00-00 $23.90
CABLE, CLUTCH 3C3-26335-00-00 $29.24

Under $75 shipped!

With the new bars, you'll have to figure out a way to route these cables so they do not bind when turning the steering head from left lock to right lock.

Back