What did you do to your FZ today?

OK, what were the damages on getting the header coated? Being that I'm working on blacking out my bike, this would be a great addition for me to do (not until winter of course).

Looks great, have a safe trip.:bowdown:

Installed the SM bars. Pics will be updated here.

Loving the new riding position
Man, I could actually change my line mid corner on Istate ramp anyways :D
Looking forward to this weekend's ride but its T-showers in the forecast. Dang!

fitted a Arrow race can Oh for got to mention i bought another number 5 is alive lol

256y0ky.jpg

fitted a Arrow race can Oh for got to mention i bought another number 5 is alive lol

256y0ky.jpg

That looks great Devil. You gotta tell me in detail how you installed the sliders on the lower fairing. Are they functional or just on the fairing brackets? I need to do this setup on mine but would like them to actually protect something in case of a fall. Thanks!

Brought it back from Wellingborough, England, in the back of a van. Going round a tight left hander I heard a crash from the back of the van. Guess what had happened? That's right it had fallen over and to add insult to injury the handle bar had lodged itself firmly in the panelling on the side of the van and I was on my own trying to pick it up. Great day...........not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brought it back from Wellingborough, England, in the back of a van. Going round a tight left hander I heard a crash from the back of the van. Guess what had happened? That's right it had fallen over and to add insult to injury the handle bar had lodged itself firmly in the panelling on the side of the van and I was on my own trying to pick it up. Great day...........not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Prooney, I wished your first post would have been a happier one. We are still glad to have you along. I hope there wasn't too much damage to the bike or your van. A big WELCOME regardless!

Already bought a FULL Yoshi TRC, Ivan's FCE and Sub Throttle Plates, K&N Air Filter 4 racing rearsets, awaiting from the States the PCIII and Factory pro V/S.....on thursday the bike goes to Zagreb to be Dyno Tuned......can't wait!!!:sinister:

Today I managed to finally fit the AIS block off plates. A little awkward but nothing like as bad as they were on the R1!

I've also picked up a Baglux leather tank cover which I'll fit tomorrow after I've cleaned the bike.

I fitted the braided lines last week but it still feels like there's a little air in the rear brake somewhere so I'll be needing to look into that tomorrow.

I lost the screw to my db killer inside my exhaust. :) Now I need to take it off so I can let gravity do the retrieval....

Well I cannot find the screw and I cannot get the db killer tip out. I am so frustrated with both bikes right now. I remember why I usually never do this crap on my own. I guess i will just wait for it to blow out on its own some day.

OK, what were the damages on getting the header coated? Being that I'm working on blacking out my bike, this would be a great addition for me to do (not until winter of course).

Looks great, have a safe trip.:bowdown:

Getting the header ceramic coated was "only" $125, but I got a little bit of a discount since I had two headers done at once. My '97 YZF1000 header got the same treatment since that header is not ss and just comes painted from the factory. Needless to say after all these years the paint was gone and rust was the primary color. I would say for one header expect to pay $150-175. Here's a picture of the YZF header:

IMG_1288.jpg

Well this weekend I finally got around to installing my 16T front sprocket. I went with an OEM one from a Gen I FZ1. These have the rubber coating on either side just like the stock 17T one to dampen some of the chain noise. Next comes SpeedoDRD calibration, but need to go out on the highway with my GPS to get an accurate correction factor.

In addition to that I did a lot of other wrenching on bikes over the weekend at The Busted Knuckle Garage :D. All the details are here. A good time was had by all ;)

Last edited:
Nothing today, but yesterday I drained my oil (645 miles on the ODO) and put my Amsoil in w/ a new filter.

And damn you NJFZ1, now I'm going to have to find someone near me that can ceramic coat my header and powder coat my rear passenger sets.:banghead:

Latest FZ1 update

Started cleaning and polishing on the headers, the exhaust pipe and the GYT-R can today. 3M rubbing compound, followed by 3M cleaner/wax. What I got done sure looks great. Makes the rest of it look, well, a bit yucky. Guess I'll keep working . . . working toward the SHINE ! BTW, it's raining here in central Indiana and it has rained all day long to boot. Might as well polish. heh,heh
Note: don't start up the buffer, (with a load of compound), without spreading some of it on the metal . . . wow, what I mess I made . . . took an hour to clean it off the parts that don't need it. :frown:

I ordered mirror block off plates, CRG thread in Bar Ends and CRG Arrow Bar end mirrors....I can't wait to get rid of the antennae on the front of this bike!

Back