What did you do to your FZ today?

got them in a trade when i got the bike....brand new serpent titanium headers with the micron serpent muffler.....should make some serious sound when done....can't wait....will post pics when i get it home...

I wished I had a rear shock like Cobalt (formerly FZ1inNH, aka Eric). I also rode about 5 miles with my son on the back (just in town) and around 25 miles with my daughter adorning the rear seat. I would have ridden more, but I had to sleep the morning away :(

547998_10150663819653800_682288799_9741828_622527068_n.jpg

fitted correct muddy all done time to ride

Well I finally ordered new tires!!! Went with the new Dunlop Roadsmart 2. Found a great deal on them so we'll see how they turn out. Have only heard great things about them so far.

I'll also be "upgrading" my brakes to Galfer rotors and EBC HH pads when I replace the tires ;)

Long day, but done... :)

I've had the parts for doing the 'N' model headlight conversion collecting dust for awhile, but finally brushed it off. Was waiting for the the 10k mile mark so I could make the most of the tank being off. :D

First thing was pulling the tank, air box, and filter....only to find this!
IMG_4234.jpg

Mice, nice! DSPO must've stored it outside a lot, but that won't be a problem anymore. Dug around for chewed wires, but luckily found none. Can't believe it was running as well as it was with all of that junk in the way. I blew the filter out, and reinstalled until my K&N replacement gets off the brown truck.

Next was to open up the air box, ala Lars style (note, pic shown before finish sanding):
IMG_4409.jpg

After that I pull the smog junk, and slapped on some Roth block-off plates. For those that are considering these, they're a serious bargain for what you get....even though all they're doing is covering a hole. Too bad you can't really see them once installed.
IMG_4251.jpg

From there I changed the plugs, sorry no pics, but they needed it. Got sticker shock when picking them up at the dealer though. ~$30 for a set!? :eek5:

Moved on to the throttle plates, and installed CD's set. Was too lazy to make my own. :D
IMG_4249.jpg

A shot of the modded box, showing flies too:
IMG_4413.jpg

Next I tackled the headlight. Thanks to this forum I did a ton of reading beforehand, and it paid off. I printed off the entire thread list from when 'MotovationAccessories' (do a search, or I can send you the PDF that I created) did his write up. For those going this route, it's a great resource! Overall it was a lot easier than anticipated, and the results were more than worth the effort.
IMG_4363.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

My favorite view...
IMG_4361.jpg

Last, but not least, I changed the oil and filter. :)

It's a different machine now. I liked it before, but now I'm starting to fall in love. Performance is noticeably improved, but am leaning towards a PC V. That's for another post though....:rmwl:

Thanks,
Luke

Well I started my cold day with finally taking pictures of the MIVV Suono I put on last week.. (oh! and the T Rex sliders of course ;) )

Before..
photo-9.jpg

After..
withmivvside.jpg

Now im just waiting on my copperdawg race screen to come in, and still waiting on my HID Angel Eyes!

woo woo woo... and starting to ponder the FZ1 N headlight conversion.. hmm..

Last edited:
Changed the oil today - 3QT of Mobile 1 4T for ~$11/QT at AutoZone. No filter yet, 4k more to go until I get to install that.
As a test I waited until the oil dripped slowly, took her off the center stand then leaned the bike to the left, as low as I could before the oil pan started getting crushed. Held it like that for a few, then put the kickstand down. It was 15 more minutes until the oil stopped dripping

Shogun Frame Sliders, Chain Lube, Wipe down, drooled

Had to carpool today, so came home and wiped her down, lubed the chain (3,300 miles now:cry:), then installed the Shogun frame sliders I bought a month ago. Now she's under the bike cover and locked up in the garage.

Whom ever said, "Do one side at a time, with the FZ1 on the center stand," was right.

Thanks, it took three minutes. We might take her down the Sacramento River road to a Pizza Night at a winery on Thursday. :yes::yes::yes:

Back