What did you do to your FZ today?

IMG_4361.jpg

is me or the photo but them risers n bars look twisted?

Did the string line rear tire alignment with the help of my 3 yr old daughter and put the modded flies back in also pulled out the baffle from the exhaust, now all I need is for this weather to warm up!

Starting riding March 30th, little cool in the mornings (-2C) but that is what heated grips are for, coming home from work all good (+17 range). Not bad for Winterpeg, after this winter second guess why I have a sled should just sell and buy another bike.

Well I finally ordered new tires!!! Went with the new Dunlop Roadsmart 2. Found a great deal on them so we'll see how they turn out. Have only heard great things about them so far.

I'll also be "upgrading" my brakes to Galfer rotors and EBC HH pads when I replace the tires ;)

I got the rear Roadsmart 2 as well. I didn't get any sweet deal, so let's hope it's worth the extra money ..

Swapped my Retro for this

002-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

:Liar: Just Joking swapped for a couple of days to fit an Integrated Gipro. Belongs to a guy at work that put me onto the FZs and has been a sounding board for ideas.
Some comments on N vs S. The N feels smaller? Don't really know why. I got a lot of buffeting at Freeway speeds but I think that was from the Puige (Spelling?) screen. I'm a lot shorter than Ian and the screen directed directed dirty air at my helmet, if I sat up as high as I could, it was about the same as my S
Although Ian's forks are set at a higher preload, they are more compliant. Seems to confirm my idea that my forks are overfilled with oil.

Just received my stock handlebars from PartShark. Now I'll have to find time to install them.

Anything I should look out for when replacing the handlebars? I'm not much of a wrench guy, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock handlebars are easy as pie, the holes are pre-drilled for all the controls and they usually have some markers or indicators as to where you put everything :)

The N feels smaller? Don't really know why.

That makes sense, the S has a big fairing sticking out in front of you. Naked bikes always have that compact feel because it pretty much stops at the handlebar

As for the buffeting, seems likely that screen would do so. I find it's better just to ditch those little flyscreens because they just throw dirty air at your face and make noise

I stared at the empty spot in the shed where she usually sits as I (im)patiently wait for the dealer to call and tell me she's ready

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Me, I'm trying to patiently wait for the darn clutch line to get here! For Pete's sake, they are located in NY!!! Whats with people??? Send that friggin line to me already! I HAVE TO RIDE THAT BIKE!!!!!!!!

Haha....I'm sorry its not funny...but I had to laugh!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

It's crazy D! I got the rebuild kit for the clutch slave on Monday from Cali, and I ordered it Friday morning! The reservoir sock was shipped from Boise Idaho and that is scheduled for tomorrow. The stupid clutch line is from NY and I'm still waiting for the damn thing and that was ordered last Friday! I hate waiting for things!!! Hahaha!!!:cry:

Just received my stock handlebars from PartShark. Now I'll have to find time to install them.

Anything I should look out for when replacing the handlebars? I'm not much of a wrench guy, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get everything on the bars before tightening any (including the bars) so you can slide stuff around. Some of the cables will be too tight to reach the ends of the bars otherwise. Put some towels on your tank and fairing for insurance.

Back