Removing GenII Rotors/ New Wheel Color

Put the bearings in the freezer and they will slide right in .

Yep! Thanks Lonney. I know that trick brother. I always take my new bearings and Ziplok them in a bag and freeze them until it's time to install. I also heat the wheel surface with my heat gun to expand the metal some. Always goes in smooth.

Dem's some wicked sharp wheels! Can't wait to see them on the bike!

Soon bud. I'll be ordering the new T-30's next week sometime. I'm almost ready for Spring!

Wheels Are Home!

I ran out early this morning and was at the shop by the time he opened. Okay, in person, the wheels are a smidge lighter in tone than in the cellphone shots. Nevertheless, they are still very striking in color and the powdercoat clear that they use after the initial color is applied makes the wheels look like they are still wet! I'm so happy with the outcome and can't wait to get them shod with new rubber and mounted on the bike. They are going to compliment the dark blue amazingly. Here are some shots I took at the house which shows the color a bit more "tone correct". Let me know what you think.

IMG_20150307_085431_zpseiz2x8do.jpg

IMG_20150307_085357_zps1iprqzj1.jpg

IMG_20150307_085246_zps7qclqfua.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing their work, their Facebook Page has lots of photos to look at. Just follow
the link here: https://www.facebook.com/proformanceindustries?pnref=lhc

Hopefully I'll have some shots of the bike complete in two or three more weeks.

Sweet looking shade of gold, Billy.

Just wait 'till they're all dressed up with new tires and have their "bit" re-attached to em:)

Billy:
The color you chose for the wheels will be stunning. I never did like that baby shit greenish gold wheels on the 2009 FZ1s. I am using the standard gold wheels that came on the 2008 and 2010 models with the cobalt blue body.DSC_0694.jpg

Billy:
The color you chose for the wheels will be stunning. I never did like that baby shit greenish gold wheels on the 2009 FZ1s. I am using the standard gold wheels that came on the 2008 and 2010 models with the cobalt blue body.View attachment 22041

Thanks Bill. In my opinion, that stock color is putrid. It was the only thing style wise that I didn't like about the bike. Like it shows in your photo, the blue and gold are a much better match and should have been there from the beginning.

of course, my '07 cobalt has the black rims, but from day one i've been planning on going gold. once it's time for new tires (sometime this season), i'll get them coated. the gold looks great with both the blue and the red. i think the OP's wheels turned out perfect! are you sticking with the original rotors, or upgrading??

of course, my '07 cobalt has the black rims, but from day one i've been planning on going gold. once it's time for new tires (sometime this season), i'll get them coated. the gold looks great with both the blue and the red. i think the OP's wheels turned out perfect! are you sticking with the original rotors, or upgrading??

Hey Ghetto, I'm going to stick with the stock rotors. I just can't afford any quality rotors even though I'd love a set of Wavys. Time will tell. Who knows? maybe after my taxes come back.

Back