R1 Forks

Looking good Jboat :tup:

Since I installed the R6 radial master cylinder I have only been using 2 fingers on the lever as the brakes are really powerful, so I think you will have no worries at all with the shorter lever.

Your gonna love that EK530. I'll never use another chain. The wear factor is awesome. Just keep her cleaned and lubed and she'll be good for many, many miles. The bike looks great by the way. Very nice job and thanks for posting the photos!

I'm about to do this on my '08 - acquired a set of never used '08 R1 forks. I was wondering is there any real diff in using R1 vs the R6 MC?

I can get the complete brake setup - 6 pot calipers, lines and MC off the R1 that my forks came from, all of it new, never used. But if the R6 MC is better in some way, I'd like to know that before I make the decision.

Was planning on set of HEL brake lines to complete the work. Thanks

Unused 08 forks? What an awesome find.
04+ R1 and 05+ R6 are pretty much the same thing. They are all radial and are much, much better than the stock FZ1 M/C.

I found them on the R1 forum - new '08 R1 bought to base a race bike on earlier this year. Guy did an great job packing them, are flawless, can't tell they've ever been mounted.

Kinda like my FZ1 - '08 model bought new this yr - reason I was attracted to those forks....

I'm going to see about getting that R1 brake setup.

I've got a perfect set of 2006 Raven forks for sale that I did not use. I decided to go with gold instead. They are in the For Sale section if anyone's interested...
JasonsIphonePics126.jpg

Just revisiting this comment.

I ran my 07 6 pot brakes with the stock FZ1 MC and they were acceptable but after I put a 2007 R6 radial master cylinder on, the brakes were freaking unbelievable.
It was a huge increase in braking performance.

I think you would be surprised at how much better the brakes can be with the proper MC CrazyBiker

So I finally did it and installed the 04 R1 MC. All I have to say HOLY CRAP! I stand corrected :D

Will the R1 6 pot brakes go straight onto the stock FZ forks and stock brake disk? or do you have to do the whole front end mod?

No, you need the 07-08 R1 forks and 310mm disks or use the bodgy spacers some people are using. (FZ1 has 320mm disks)

They are radial mount and do not fit the stock FZ1 forks

No, you need the 07-08 R1 forks and 310mm disks or use the bodgy spacers some people are using. (FZ1 has 320mm disks)

They are radial mount and do not fit the stock FZ1 forks

Ah ok thanks for that. Well this can be a long term upgrade for me, I don't need it yet and there's other things I want to do first...

Back