Official YZF Makeover Thread

Maybe if you peel them off, slap them on a piece of paper, DirtyD can re-create them? ;) Just a thought...

At that price, I'd find something else to cover the spot. I can understand if you're shooting for a full restore to OEM because it's a classic/antique and the resale was astronomical, but it's your daily rider. Save some cash and get creative Billy. ;)

Maybe if you peel them off, slap them on a piece of paper, DirtyD can re-create them? ;) Just a thought...

At that price, I'd find something else to cover the spot. I can understand if you're shooting for a full restore to OEM because it's a classic/antique and the resale was astronomical, but it's your daily rider. Save some cash and get creative Billy. ;)

I can assure you those aren't coming off in one piece even with heat Eric. They are hard to duplicate because they have a fade effect to them...they go from black to gray.

I can assure you those aren't coming off in one piece even with heat Eric. They are hard to duplicate because they have a fade effect to them...they go from black to gray.

I'd still find something else.... I'll bet for $75 you can have them airbrushed on the bike if you prep the surface! Get some faux carbon fiber decal material and cut them in that shape. Put some tuning forks back there.

I had a VERY hard time paying $14 and change for one small round tuning forks button to put on the bike... if it was much more, I'd have found an alternative.

Now if Billy is going to have the whole bike painted and restored to original, then it might be worth getting ALL the decals but imagine THAT cost? Yup... someone will airbrush them all for a lot less. ;)

Hey Billy I just watched your vid. I'm totally stoked that your baby is running and ready to go. This has been long anticipated and now all your hard work has paid off. Congrats Bro!!! :thewave: :Rockon:

OK, now that I got all caught up....THAT IS AWESOME!!!! of all the damn things, just had to put her in gear and go!!!!

that is EXPENSIVE for some decals, I agree with Eric..... they are prints, i couldn't cut those, I would have to try and pull a favor for that, I would cut you something if you decide not to pay that much...matte silver, silver, carbon fiber, silver carbon fiber..

but anyway congrats on being back on 2 wheels!!!! :Rockon:

Hey Billy I just watched your vid. I'm totally stoked that your baby is running and ready to go. This has been long anticipated and now all your hard work has paid off. Congrats Bro!!! :thewave: :Rockon:

Thanks Pal. I had a blast rebuilding her and a bigger blast finally getting to ride her, even if it was just around the corner a couple of times!

OK, now that I got all caught up....THAT IS AWESOME!!!! of all the damn things, just had to put her in gear and go!!!!

but anyway congrats on being back on 2 wheels!!!! :Rockon:

Can you believe it D?! If I hadn't started the bike to take the video of the turn signals, I would have brought the bike back to Ivan's to get fixed! I was just standing there and figured that since the rear wheel was off the ground, the worse thing that could happen is that it would stall out. I was shocked and estatic all at the same time when the clutch broke free and started working!

As for the decals, don't worry about it. I'm definitely going to pick up the correct ones from Yamaha, even at that price. At this stage of the game I really want to go as "factory" as I can get. Aside from the Hugger, Brake Lines, and Front Calipers, the bike is pretty much "stock" which is what my intentions were from the beginning of the build. If it wasn't a "one year only" bike I really wouldn't care, but I'd like to keep it as close to the way it came as possible. Thanks for the offer though! With much help from you, I have the most awesome trailer!

I think you should continue the tradition and paint the rainbow again.:rofl:

I keep telling you guys "That Wasn't Me"!!!!! :nono: Hahahaha!!!!

I keep telling you guys "That Wasn't Me"!!!!! :nono: Hahahaha!!!!

But Gary said you were wearing this T-shirt when he picked up the FZ1...
rainbow-riders.gif

Back