Official YZF Makeover Thread

Glad you will be riding again soon!! Weather hasn't been good here lately but it has to turn around at some point. LOL

I have a V&H Big Radius 2 into 1 full system and a PC V coming for the Raider next week with a few other little bits. :cowboy:

Remember, those V&H setups are LOUD!!! I'd try them with the baffles in place first. My friend has the Staggered Big Shots and he had to order the "quiet baffles" because it was deafening, even with the stock baffles mounted!

Looks great!
Nice Video I was hoping for a stoppy! lol

I really cant wait till we ride again. Your place or mine? I know how that sounds but its all for a great ride.

Hopefully next time you come down we can load up the new toy and let you get a spin on it. Richie as well. I can believe how much power that thing has.

All of my ATVs were 2 strokes. 250r's.
I wouldnt have ever thought a 4 stroke could jump off its knees like this. Im hooked!!

Good luck while getting used to your ride. Be safe.

Dave

Looks great!
Nice Video I was hoping for a stoppy! lol

I really cant wait till we ride again. Your place or mine? I know how that sounds but its all for a great ride.

Hopefully next time you come down we can load up the new toy and let you get a spin on it. Richie as well. I can believe how much power that thing has.

All of my ATVs were 2 strokes. 250r's.
I wouldnt have ever thought a 4 stroke could jump off its knees like this. Im hooked!!

Good luck while getting used to your ride. Be safe.

Dave

I'll be down soon. I just need to get this colonoscopy out of the way and I should be good for a few years until the next one! I have to go down anyway to pick up my "speed pass" at NJMP's ticket booth soon.

I'll be down soon. I just need to get this colonoscopy out of the way and I should be good for a few years until the next one! I have to go down anyway to pick up my "speed pass" at NJMP's ticket booth soon.

Good luck with that. Im sure you'll be fine!! But will send a prayer all the same my friend.

Billy! This is just AWESOME news! VERY happy to know it started working. I'm glad you checked the actuator rod and then tried the gears. Sweet!!! Time to ride is here! :yes: :tup:

Billy! This is just AWESOME news! VERY happy to know it started working. I'm glad you checked the actuator rod and then tried the gears. Sweet!!! Time to ride is here! :yes: :tup:

Yeah Buddy! And to think, I was ready to head upstairs and leave it to Ivan. At the last moment I decided to hit it in gear. Thank the Lord I did. I'm good to go now. Just have to get to the DMV and get her registered!

Billy The Squid!

Hey Billy that FZ Forum T-shirt looks great but it's not meant to be "Squid wear". :jk:

I am so happy for You. The bike looks and sounds great!!:Rockon:

Hey Billy I just had a chance to watch the video and I'm already grinning! Man the bike looks great with those turns signals and it sounds really good too.

As for the front end coming up...yea it'll power wheelie in first gear w/o any effort. Don't be surprised about second gear also ;) This bike has a much shorter wheel base than the FZ1 so that helps get it up like that.

By the way I saw the holes left behind where you removed those ugly turn signals. I would removed those factory stickers, fill in the holes and sand it down perfectly smooth and then get new OEM stickers. They are less than $70 for both sides and no one will be able to tell afterward.

Hey Billy I just had a chance to watch the video and I'm already grinning! Man the bike looks great with those turns signals and it sounds really good too.

As for the front end coming up...yea it'll power wheelie in first gear w/o any effort. Don't be surprised about second gear also ;) This bike has a much shorter wheel base than the FZ1 so that helps get it up like that.

By the way I saw the holes left behind where you removed those ugly turn signals. I would removed those factory stickers, fill in the holes and sand it down perfectly smooth and then get new OEM stickers. They are less than $70 for both sides and no one will be able to tell afterward.

I hear ya T. I actually have the part number already and from what I see it's $34.94 for the pair. I'm also missing the two windshield dampers and two fairing screws. I can get everything I need from Partshark for $48.34 plus shipping which is about $9 bucks. Let me know if you need anything from them so I can piggyback what you need with mine so we don't have to pay shipping twice.

And yeah, I was surprised as hell when that front lifted so easy on it. Kind of caught me off guard. It's gonna be a fun bike up on the mountain though for sure, I just need to keep the "throttle hand" in check!

I hear ya T. I actually have the part number already and from what I see it's $34.94 for the pair. I'm also missing the two windshield dampers and two fairing screws. I can get everything I need from Partshark for $48.34 plus shipping which is about $9 bucks. Let me know if you need anything from them so I can piggyback what you need with mine so we don't have to pay shipping twice.

Check again, but it's more like $34.94 for one of them and the other one is actually a little cheaper. You need parts number 5 and 11 in the diagram below. They include two stickers per side (both front and rear). And thanks for asking, but I'm good for now...

attachment.php

Back