Official YZF Makeover Thread

Whoo Hoo! :sport12: No tickets :deal: Keep it under 200 mph! :cloud9:

Yeah Billy , , , !! Woo Hoo ! and, like Troy said, keep it under 200 mph and, NO wheelies , , , , well , , maybe a small one. Maybe a tiny wheelie about a NY block long. NOOOOO longer !! The tires ain't scrubbed off yet . . . :spank2:

Once they were free of any old glue I installed my favorite Red Spotted Pro Grips and my brand new Yamaha YZF Bar Ends.

IMG_3347.jpg

Hey you're not installing the Heli bars? Or did I miss it? I didn't think so as those look like the stock bars...

Looking good Billy! Hopefully the weather cooperates because now all of a sudden it got cold and rainy again...go figure!

Thanks Tony, I know. It sucks that all the sudden we get this rash of wet weather. Wednesday's high is up to 60 degrees but even if it was 35, it wouldn't keep me from riding!! We'd need a hurricane to keep me off that bike Wednesday!

I have the same pro grips that you have Billy. They feel so much better than the stock ones. mine are all black tho.

I've been using the ProGrips for my last three bikes. And yes, they do feel so much better than stock grips. And you can't beat the price either! I think I paid $11.99 for the pair from CycleGear. I have another set ready for the Heli Bars when they go on.

No Tony, I'm going to run the stock bars until I redo the forks. Then I'll switch over to the Heli's. I'd like to have some fun for a couple of weeks!

I see...you might also want to consider installing heavier springs when you do the forks. They are not that expensive.

Send me a link buddy boy so I can save it for when the time comes which should be soon! Thanks.:tup:

By the way, I'm winning that auction you sent me!

Well I went with the Ohlins ones on my YZF, but they are only about 10% stiffer than stock. You're a bit heavier than me so maybe you want something a little stiffer. You might want to check and see if Race Tech makes something for your bike.

I just spoke to Brad Bailey at Racetech. They do have "goodies" for the YZF's rear shock, such as Spring, Valving, and Shock Head. They don't however have fork springs but do offer a custom set at $40 to $50 dollars for the pair. I would send them mine, and they would modify them to my exact weight by cutting the coils and adding the correct spacers and send them back to me, ready to go. I guess that $50 bucks plus shipping ain't at all bad. When I'm ready to do the forks I'll ship them out. Thanks Tony!

I just spoke to Brad Bailey at Racetech. They do have "goodies" for the YZF's rear shock, such as Spring, Valving, and Shock Head. They don't however have fork springs but do offer a custom set at $40 to $50 dollars for the pair. I would send them mine, and they would modify them to my exact weight by cutting the coils and adding the correct spacers and send them back to me, ready to go. I guess that $50 bucks plus shipping ain't at all bad. When I'm ready to do the forks I'll ship them out. Thanks Tony!

That sounds like it will work out quite nicely for you and at a great price. I think i paid around $85-90 for my Ohlins springs.

And that's nice that they can modify the rear shock as it's probably on the soft side to begin with.

Back