OEM Rear Shock for Gen II

I'm about 190 pounds and set my 08 R1 shock at the stock settings for fast and slow compression and two clicks softer on the rebound damping. Good control and the expansion strips don't chatter my teeth anymore.

How much of a hurry are for the conversion? I made up a custom harness to plug the S wiring into the N but I'm over in Oz. Second thoughts, Our indicators are wired differently.
I was going to dive into it today, but should probably do more research on these forums beforehand. There is a particularly good thread on the other forum about the "Euro conversion," so I'll look at that again.I just want to do it with minimal cutting & splicing of wires, though I'm sure the harness on the S is a big, gangly, and messy affair that may not be that easy to hide once the plastics are off.

I'm happy to report that I got the 08 used shock in the mail today and the adaptor yesterday. And though I thoroughly appreciate Richard including installation instructions, his 26-step install process is entirely intimidating to the likes of an all-thumbs Mr. Badwrench like me. Once I figure out the Chinese naked conversion kit that came with no instructions whatsoever, I'll tackle the shock project. But thanks to all of you for the encouragement and advice.

Back