New MT10

OK...had the pleasure of seeing the Mighty M-10 in the flesh at the WSBK Philip Island on the weekend.

In real life - looks better and has a very comfortable riding position. I sat on the bike for a few minutes and enjoyed the positioning (handlebars, foot rest etc).

The only thing I didn't like is the plastic surrounding the headlights. The whole bug-type headlight thing doesn't look too bad but it doesn't look too good either. Sorta OK'ish.

IMO, the FZ1 seems to be more 'solidly' built. Same as the new R1 but the MT-10 seems to have a bit of a 'plastic' feel to it.

So... I went road testing the FZ-10 two days ago(along with an FJ-09). That engine is nothing short of spectacular,keeps on pulling throughout the revband. On the highway its also more comfortable than my bikini faired FZ1,no buffeting wich actually makes the ride quieter in regards to wind noise,which is a good thing because the sound that crossplane makes is unbelievable. The bike is a real beast,feels very lightweight,good suspension,more confortable thand the FZ1 in that regard. Ergos is very similar,accommodation for the passengers are there,but really they're jokes,i cannot picture anybody ridind that thing two up...
In the end,while riding the FZ1 puts a huge smile in my face, the FZ-10 brought a big evil grin with a loud endless devilish laugh.

image.jpg

So... I went road testing the FZ-10 two days ago(along with an FJ-09). That engine is nothing short of spectacular,keeps on pulling throughout the revband. On the highway its also more comfortable than my bikini faired FZ1,no buffeting wich actually makes the ride quieter in regards to wind noise,which is a good thing because the sound that crossplane makes is unbelievable. The bike is a real beast,feels very lightweight,good suspension,more confortable thand the FZ1 in that regard. Ergos is very similar,accommodation for the passengers are there,but really they're jokes,i cannot picture anybody ridind that thing two up...
In the end,while riding the FZ1 puts a huge smile in my face, the FZ-10 brought a big evil grin with a loud endless devilish laugh.

View attachment 23535

So, without the Windscreen there was no buffeting? Very nice. I really want this to come to the States.

So, without the Windscreen there was no buffeting? Very nice. I really want this to come to the States.

Negative on the buffeting,also felt much quieter... I felt the airflow management was much better than my FZ1S, of wich I tried many different windscreen options.

Take my money already. I love it. The specs compete with the S1000R, Tuono and Super Duke R with undoubtedly a better price point. My 2009 Fz1 naked looks similar already so it's easy for my eye to adapt to the look of it because I think someone at Yamaha copied my mods and updated them.

I already go way too fast on the streets every day and this just looks that much more fun

Yamaha Canada just released the stats and prices for the FZ10 as a 2017 model year. $15,499.00 price. And the seat height is 1.4 inches higher than the FZ1 with 5.1 more foot pounds of torque. Along with ABS and the other electrical goodies, not that bad a price. But I still have to see one in person.

Back