New MT10

I'll be damned, the FZ1 isn't dead after all! I'm glad to see that

2016-Yamaha-MT-10-03.jpg

I like it! The specs are impressive as well

Last edited:
Got to say I fairly bloody excited over this.

Here I was wasting my time trying to see what Ducati were doing and this was announced.

Got to say I fairly bloody excited over this.

Here I was wasting my time trying to see what Ducati were doing and this was announced.

I wonder if they'll have one at the Sydney Motorcycle Expo next weekend.

We're gonna need photos if that's the case!

I'm sure this will come to North America and let's hope they keep the FZ1 name :) Maybe this forum will get a boost of traffic and come back to life!

"The Tuono is strong in this one it is."

Looks like Yamaha has done it again. Another amazing bike!

Let's count the hits, Bolt, FZ7, FZ9, SR400, S10, R1, MT10.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the R6.

THIS IS AWESOME.

If this comes to the US as the 3rd Gen FZ1 I will actually consider selling my First Gen and picking one up.

It has the Cross Plane R1 motor, and with the right exhaust that thing sounds sooooooooo mean. Oh man and I love the looks too.

Here is an odd Commercial for it:

https://youtu.be/JuZF11yuVzE

And a few more pics:

1522029757681314704.jpg

1522029758023185296.jpg

1522029758081262992.jpg

1522029758149168528.jpg

I like.

I can swap a lot of stuff off my bike onto that! but not sure of the overly transformer looks and not sure about the pillion/rider seat as one though.

I wasnt sure with the looks,but after looking at it multipe times this evening...I really like it,especially after seeing the black one.

Yamaha,if you read this,please bring it to North America... I want it!

I'm not sold on that tail and tail light as yet, will have to see one in the flesh before I say yay or nay.
But it certainly looks like Yamaha has gotten serious about the Fz1 replacement.

I saw somewhere online that they're saying 150hp at the wheel is a genuine possibility as standard, with quality suspension and lots of electronic aids also.

Will have to see that one in person. Looks like the FZ1 is history as all the other sportbikes on Yamaha's US website are showing 2016 models, except the FZ1 which still shows 2015. There is another new bike coming, the XSR900 based on the FZ 09 engine....more of the streetfighter look (Yamaha calls it 'neo retro'). Looks like the industry is gearing up for designs that have more appeal to the younger riders (Millennials in particular). Changing of the guard. I think Harley Davidson is really going to suffer....I don't think their chromed HOGS are going to be interesting to the younger riders ($$$$ and looks).

2016 Yamaha XSR900

Last edited:
I would imagine in North America that this new bike will get the FZ moniker like the MT-07, MT-09 and MT-09 Tracer (FJ). There is an MT-03 as well now; FZ-03?

I definitely don't see any streetfighter in the new XSR line, those are most certainly emulating the 'retro scrambler' look that is popular now

Last edited:
Daaaaaam i like it . The oil cooler is in a bad spot and im not sure about the ninja headlights but im sure i will be used it by the time it hits the states .
Does anybody know the weight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back