New MT10

Another one, this time with sound. I'm really starting to dig this bike.

[video=youtube;FdB5ksQh9JY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdB5ksQh9JY[/video]

Last edited:
Is that at The Sydney Show? Does it mean something that I'm thinking of mods already? Remove the covers either side of the engine, remove the triangular protrusions on the radiator, FE.

Yamaha-MT10-Black-RHF.jpg
That's the one with my name on it

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

I like.

I can swap a lot of stuff off my bike onto that! but not sure of the overly transformer looks and not sure about the pillion/rider seat as one though.
It looks like the subframe is the same as the FZ1 so I'm going to start looking for a FZ1 rear. I don't like the rear light either

Daaaaaam i like it . The oil cooler is in a bad spot and im not sure about the ninja headlights but im sure i will be used it by the time it hits the states .
Does anybody know the weight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, bad spot for a cooler

With that ass it's not going to have a toolkit (-1kg) and no center stand (-1kg). It has the new Bosch abs unit which was roughly 4 kg lighter than the FZ1 unit. Then the pipe looks a lot lighter than the FZ1 also, I'd say - 5kg or so. Let's say that the new frame is 1 kg lighter, that would mean around 210 kg. Maybe even 207 since it doesn't have a top fairing
I'd put a FZ1 rear on it and an analog tachometer.

Sent from my waste-time-device

Ugly, only something a mother would love, IMO too much plastic especially at the front, not too keen on the transformer look, LCD instruments, hopefully they'll be visible in direct sunlight unlike some ducati ones, oil cooler looks vunerable as its looks fairly large compared to other bikes , unsure about the bump on the pillion seat, electronic rider package, personnaly not keen on them but all of the new models have them, cost I would imagine would be in the mid 20's ($AU) positives, it would go like stink.....

The looks are growing on me... if I was to buy a new bike, I'd likely get this one. The specs exceed the competition so I'm curious to know what the US version will be along with the MSRP.

Of course, I have a new bike... my '13 has less than 2500 miles on her!

+1 on the ugly part. I hope the Japanese move away from the transformer, Lego styling. It is an impressive bike but it one of the ugliest bikes that I have seen and certainly the ugliest streetfighter.

At that price they won't sell any. Competition is Kawasaki Z1000 and Suzuki GSX-S so I reckon pricing will be mid teens like those two.

Beg to differ, I reckon it'll target the euro's like the ducati 1200 monster, the mv brutale , beemer s1000R, superduke or aprillia tuono, why, its spec'd up more, apparently fly by wire, ABS, slipper clutch,3 mode traction, riding modes, cruise control where as the kwak I think has only ABS and the suzi ABS and traction.

If it does come out in the mid teens it'll sell like hot cakes but still I'll stick to my mid to low 20's prediction based on the supposed specs and the comparible competion in the euros.

PS 17 litre fuel tank.............why

Last edited:
You have to remember, this is a Naked R1, NOT a replacement FZ1. This is not aimed at the sport tourer, this is aimed at the canyon carver.

This is the bike I wanted from Yamaha but they didn't sell it back then - so I converted mine to be like this, Now they have brought this out.

Love everything about the bike except the headlights.

Not a big fan of the transformer look BUT I'll reserve my final judgement till I see it in next month or two.

Now only if the black MT-10 had a round highlight (a la Ducati Monster or something).... that would be awesome. I've a strange fascination with round headlights...I know, I know - I'm a bit old fashioned. :)

Last edited:
Back