New MT10

Enjoy This Yamaha FZ-10 Mega Gallery

2017-Yamaha-FZ-10-USA-05.jpg

That is weird, that article contradicts every other article I have read that the FZ10 uses the Cross Plane R1 motor, not the new R1 motor.
For a refresher, the Yamaha FZ-10 is the re-worked street bike version of Yamaha’s current track weapon, the YZF-R1. It uses the current generation R1 engine and chassis, though makes a modest 160hp in its retuned form.

I don't really like that Touring Screen, but I am sure the aftermarket will make some better looking ones.

I was at the dealership last week getting pair of tires mounted and the mechanic asked me if I wanted to see my FZ1's replacement. Obviously, I said yes and they took me back and showed me the first FZ10 they had received, a black one as it set there in the just opened crate. I want to see it finished, so I'll be heading back next week. They may have sold one......me likey!!

So the MT-10 and I had a meeting today. Yes the thing looks nice. Yes it goes like the clappers. Yes it's got cool electronic stuff. Yes the dash is sexy. Yes it loves being on the back wheel.

Problem for me is its no more powerful than my current bike for every day riding and the big one for me it's all shitty plastic. Half the plastic bits felt like they would either break off or rattle. Even the switch gear feels like plastic crap compared to yamahas from even 12 months ago. In the end it's not the bike for me at the moment.

[video=youtube;iW8M9yEshqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8M9yEshqM[/video]

[video=youtube;ZwaELM6JY6A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwaELM6JY6A[/video]

I saw one outside my local Yamaha dealer and it looked pretty awesome (grey one). It seemed a bit taller/bigger than the FZ1S. I liked the fluoro yellow wheels!
Think I'll keep my FZ1 for present though (I'm getting a new front tyre fitted ASAP).

However, the new 700 Tracer does look good to me. What do others think about the 700 Tracer?

My FZ10/MT10 is in for it's first service this week, and I am absolutely loving the bike. Only negative for me is the fuel range, 200kms before fill ups v 260kms for my FZ1S. Have also ridden in the dark now and I needn't have worried about it only having the single light on a dipped beam, it really lights up the road.

I guess that's 200 km before the warning light comes on and not to a full tank, right? I've read that the bike gets pretty poor fuel economy, somewhere around 7-7.5 L/100 km (30-33 MPG US) and combined with a small 17L tank, I guess that's a minor drawback.

Back