New member welcome thread...

Nice stable ! Must be hard to choose who goes out to play.

Hi Oldschool , yes it is a problem , but it's a nice problem :sinister:
The GTR is for the long trips with the boss , the GSA is for the hardpack dirt roads and the FZ1 is for work + back. The Goldwing is just for show - 22years old with 40000 miles on the clock , I did 100 miles on the wing in the last 18 months.

Hello I'm kenrick, I just bought my brand new 07 FZ1 this morning with 0.4 miles on it. The long break-in process starts. I also rode an 07 Honda Shadow spirit 1100.

US Army 16 yrs and counting. Yup married with children too.

New member here, work at yamaha dealer in sales, recently traded for a 2006 fz1 and I am really lovin it. Came here to get more info, think this may be the one to replace my vmax

hi ime al i,me from levack ontario canada, ive had my bike since new 01 the last 5 digets in the vin is 00003, my profession is mechanic heavy equip and truck-coach, my toys are 01 fz1,02kodiak quad,03 rx1, 06 apex rtx supercharged among riding hobbies include working on them, ime my own best customer:banghead:

Welcome(s)

hi ime al i,me from levack ontario canada, ive had my bike since new 01 the last 5 digets in the vin is 00003, my profession is mechanic heavy equip and truck-coach, my toys are 01 fz1,02kodiak quad,03 rx1, 06 apex rtx supercharged among riding hobbies include working on them, ime my own best customer:banghead:

Welcome to the Forum, always good to see more of the northerner come out of hibernation at this time of year! If you like working on your own toys you've come to the right place. Good people and they keep it civilized.:box:

"New member here, work at yamaha dealer in sales, recently traded for a 2006 fz1 and I am really lovin it. Came here to get more info, think this may be the one to replace my vmax" quote from merrouge
Good to have a Yamaha guy along! That should say something when you put your money where your mouth is.:hook2:;)

Last edited:
How do?

How do?

brand spanking new on here!

From Burton in the midlands (england) not far from Derby and Nottingham

I have a 09 FZ1 thats my pride and joy. Had it since october and so far its had a couple of mods (will post some pictures very soon) powerbronze tail tidy, little LED rear indicators (fornt one are waiting to be fitted), LED flasher unit, street fighter style bar end mirrors, x-lite blanking bolts in the old mirror stalk locations and a funky little carbon exhaust that makes my bike scream blue murder!......hmmmm i may have to ask about getting my fueling etc set up to stop it popping and gurgling soo much....pretty sure it has the odd flame out of it too!

Currently do most of my riding with a wonderfully mad south african who a 06 FZ1, we refer to our bikes as the twins.

How do?

brand spanking new on here!

From Burton in the midlands (england) not far from Derby and Nottingham

I have a 09 FZ1 thats my pride and joy. Had it since october and so far its had a couple of mods (will post some pictures very soon) powerbronze tail tidy, little LED rear indicators (fornt one are waiting to be fitted), LED flasher unit, street fighter style bar end mirrors, x-lite blanking bolts in the old mirror stalk locations and a funky little carbon exhaust that makes my bike scream blue murder!......hmmmm i may have to ask about getting my fueling etc set up to stop it popping and gurgling soo much....pretty sure it has the odd flame out of it too!

Currently do most of my riding with a wonderfully mad south african who a 06 FZ1, we refer to our bikes as the twins.

Welcome aboard. As for the popping and gurgling that you're hearing from the exhaust you'll have to disable the AIS to "fix" that. Take a look here or here.

Hi, I am from Singapore. Just bought a new 2009 grey FZ1S. hope to learn more about the bike from fellow riders. cheers.

Welcome to the forum. I bet you can get a lot of neat parts out there that we don't even know about :D

Hello my name is Stephen

Richmond BC canada 2003 FZ-1

Been riding for 37 years, upgraded to the fz1 from a 1981 yamaha 920RH when I suddenly had time for more riding as my job vanished.
Took some getting used to the power but after a few power wheelies I love this bike.
I run pirelli diablo corsa 111's for the power get about 8000k per rear 12000k front, modded a jardine, extra driving lights, frame sliders and pegs to stretch my legs.
I ride with the BCSB.com and UBC groups and put 23000 km last year, quite a few 1000 km days. Favorite rides, whistler-lilloet-spencersbridge-princton and portalberni-tofino-gold river.
I enjoy taking new rider groups on 2-4 hr rides to help develop their skills, have found that 105 lbs girls fatigue faster than 200 lbs guys and you can watch their riding get sloppy, energy bars and water helps them along.
Girls that step up to learn to ride do not complain so you have to watch them.

Worked as a chief operating engineer running ammonia compressor operations so training people to be safe knowledgeable and compotent is second nature just the skills and situtions are different.
Ride safe everyone.

Hello:+1:

I'm Bill. Had my FZ1-n for about 7 months now - love it! Got it from new on an '09 plate, but its got about 13000 miles on it already, partly because I ride it to work, partly because I'm on it every other minute I can!
I'm in Scotland, working in Edinburgh as a cardiac physiologist, wife and 5 yes F I V E kids so this bike is my own personal toy :woot:
Bike is fairly standard at the moment - the plan is to make it as black as possible , not exactly unique but hard as nails all the same!! Mods so far are tail tidy with small plate, smoked indicator lenses, rear seat cowl, black bars, small black mirallys mirrors, yam small fly screen, black pazzos and mivv gp carbon can....
Future mods may include black coated headers, black rearsets, maybe black wheels... you get the idea :tup:
Am getting addicted to the exhaust popping and banging on the engine over-run:shoot: that mivv can is AWESOME! Will try and get a picture or video up for anyone thats interested! Anyway, cheers for a useful forum

Bill

Hello:+1:

I'm Bill. Had my FZ1-n for about 7 months now - love it! Got it from new on an '09 plate, but its got about 13000 miles on it already, partly because I ride it to work, partly because I'm on it every other minute I can!
I'm in Scotland, working in Edinburgh as a cardiac physiologist, wife and 5 yes F I V E kids so this bike is my own personal toy :woot:
Bike is fairly standard at the moment - the plan is to make it as black as possible , not exactly unique but hard as nails all the same!! Mods so far are tail tidy with small plate, smoked indicator lenses, rear seat cowl, black bars, small black mirallys mirrors, yam small fly screen, black pazzos and mivv gp carbon can....
Future mods may include black coated headers, black rearsets, maybe black wheels... you get the idea :tup:
Am getting addicted to the exhaust popping and banging on the engine over-run:shoot: that mivv can is AWESOME! Will try and get a picture or video up for anyone thats interested! Anyway, cheers for a useful forum

Bill

Welcome Bill, nice to have you along. Congrats on the new ride. It's good that your a cardiac physiologist to ward off those "heart attacks" once the tach swings past 8 grand on these babies!

A side note: We are ALWAYS interested in photos and videos here. No need to ask, just post away!!!!!

How's everyone,

My name is Matt Lyons and I've been riding for 3 years. I started out on a 1975 Honda CB360 that I picked up off the side of the road. Up until a year ago I was riding my fathers 2008 Honda 750 and brother's 1989 YZF 600 when I wrecked the 600 at 70 mph. Just yesterday I bought a 2001 FZ1 and am excited to get back on a bike. I look forward to everyone's help, I know I'm going to need it.

The bike is mostly stock and has a slip on carbon fiber can. First things first I want to get rid of this goofy windscreen!

Hi

Hello to all!
I have already posted a couple of times here but seen this thread and figured I would make it official.
My name is Dale and I am 56 years old and have been riding for many of the 56 years. I have owned several motorcycles ranging from 250 cc to 1100 cc and currently own 4 Yamaha XS1100's and one 2003 FZ1 (BEE).I fish a lot and play golf every chance I get. I also have 8 grandchildren which is rather costly. I am am Automation Engineer for a major oil company but please don't blame me for the price of gas!! Ya'll take care and ride safe!!!

Hi, I'm Dean... I live in Colorado, US. I have been riding my new '09 FZ1 for a week now. Just about ready to change the oil for the first time. I still have a FZ6 in the garage. I can't get enough of the power of the FZ1. Just put on a Leo Vince Factory slip-on the other night. Looks good and great tone without being too loud. I'll post some pics as soon as I park it long enough in the sun to take pictures.

I have been married to my wonderful wife (she's ok with the two bikes in the garage) for ummmm... where's the calculator... 27 years. We have three children, 21, 19, and 11. Middle one is our son.

I am a software engineer, and apparently like to create according to others. Can't leave things only.

I'm addicted to motorcycles, high tech gadgets, guitars and foremost my God of whom I have to thank for everything.

G'Day from Adelaide

Hello to All, the names Greg I'm located in Adelaide, South Australia. Been riding for 30+ years. I currently have an '06 FZ1-N - plan for some additional mods such as Ivan's FCE (if I can get one in Oz) and an aftermarket rear shock. 10 mins from my front door and I'm in the Adelaide Hills which means super sticky tyres are the go (Pirelli SuperCorsa Pro's) some of the greatest thrash roads on the planet :) Already read a lot of useful info of the forum it appears to be a great resource.

Greg

Back