New member welcome thread...

welcome

Hello All.

I'm Dan from New Brunswick Canada. Looking forward to some fun times on this site. I've been riding bikes all my life...everything from CR50's, PW 75's, to Nighthawk 750...my last couple of bikes were Honda F4 600 and 2006 R6 50th anniversary.

I just bought an 07 FZ-1 in Black, I've already added a few things to it.

1. two brother's slip-on
2. Oxford heated grips
3. Givi monolock rear rack with Givi Rear box,
4. Long Pazzo's

The only thing I'm looking for now is a good tinted windscreen...i'd like a Double Bubble style like the PUIG, but haven't come across any good sites for these. Anyone have any info.

Anywhoo, thanks and looking forward to many great hours!

Big welcome to all of you who have joined since I last looked in this thread! Wow!

Any questions, feel free to ask them here. We don't chastise for asking anything.

Hello to all...my name is Scott. I am 38 yrs old and live in Kentucky. I am about to pick up my brand new 2009 FZ1 this Friday. I was hoping to locate a deal on a leftover all black FZ1, but had to settle for the cobalt blue.
I already have my Two Brothers Ti pipe and Juice Box on order.
I am so looking forward to adding this bike to my list of toys.
I also have a 2000 Big Dog Vintage Sport...owned since June 2000. One comfy cruiser...and now a comfy sport bike to park next to it.

Welcome and congrats Scott! Since you're closer to Deal's Gap, check out the Events section for the upcoming Sept Deal's Gap Meet! :D

Ride safe!

Newby

Hi, I'm Blackie from the UK. Bought my FZ1S in 2007 and rate it as the best bike I ever had, or rode come to that!
It was lava red when I got it but after some dozy old bird knocked me off I changed her to all black with a new tank and paint on the tail. I also shaved off the pillion handles as I didnt like the look of them. Have fitted Mivv GP can, braided brake lines, 16T front and Pipercross air filter.
I love this bike and when ever I get on it I am happy.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/upspex/Mivvi/DSC_0034.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg

Last edited:
I lived in Washington for 30 years, went to Fort Lewis MANY times. How do you like it? Hope you enjoy riding in the rain...cause it does that a lot there. :)

I was only there for about a month (December) but I rode everyday that i could and then went to iraq and coming back in Aug. I enjoyed riding there but realy did not get chance to far away from Lewis. The rain does not bother me i have gear for it.

Hi Everyone. My name is Rick & I live in Bangkok Thailand. Recently purchased a FZ1 in Candy Red 2003 Model.

Most of the time I like restoring cars & bikes to original but I have no problems adding modern tweaks if it adds functionality.

I just changed my dog bones to lower my bike 1 inch & very happy with the results.
Turn Signals swapped to LED's but my Rumble Concepts flasher has been on back order for weeks. Terrible customer service.

Got a touring windscreen on the way & Micron can. I've already found the site useful as my EXUP valve was way out of adjustment & I just calibrated it today.

Recently installed a Pirelli Angel rear tire to replace the Corsa3 that was on it. Added a hugger which is huge here in rainy Bangkok. Great web community here. 2 thumbs up.

Hi Everyone. My name is Rick & I live in Bangkok Thailand. Recently purchased a FZ1 in Candy Red 2003 Model.

Most of the time I like restoring cars & bikes to original but I have no problems adding modern tweaks if it adds functionality.

I just changed my dog bones to lower my bike 1 inch & very happy with the results.
Turn Signals swapped to LED's but my Rumble Concepts flasher has been on back order for weeks. Terrible customer service.

Got a touring windscreen on the way & Micron can. I've already found the site useful as my EXUP valve was way out of adjustment & I just calibrated it today.

Recently installed a Pirelli Angel rear tire to replace the Corsa3 that was on it. Added a hugger which is huge here in rainy Bangkok. Great web community here. 2 thumbs up.

Welcome to the forum Rick. Glad to hear that you are finding what you need. The search function works pretty well. How about some pictures of your ride, I for 1 have not seen many Red Gen 1's :tup:

Hey all, dodger06 here.

I'm new to the Forum and FZ1's, actually just picked it up from the dealer yesterday. I'm from Iowa/Minnesota and am currently a college student studying Mechanical Engineering. Been riding for about 3 years now, and just upgraded from a '82 Kawasaki 440 LTD, big change...

Still trying to figure out whats all stock and whats aftermarket on my bike, along with what I want to change.

Hey all, dodger06 here.

I'm new to the Forum and FZ1's, actually just picked it up from the dealer yesterday. I'm from Iowa/Minnesota and am currently a college student studying Mechanical Engineering. Been riding for about 3 years now, and just upgraded from a '82 Kawasaki 440 LTD, big change...

Still trying to figure out whats all stock and whats aftermarket on my bike, along with what I want to change.

Welcome aboard! We have a great group here.

Hey Rick,
I heard that people do flashing brake light mods in Thailand, what can you tell us about that ?
Welcome aboard both !

New guy in Florida

Hello all, My name is Jamie and I am new to the forum. I bought my first FZ1 a few weeks ago and am enjoying it every chance I get. It is an '07 dark blue with a full Yoshimura system. I have already ordered some Hel brake lines and renthal bars for it. This is my 14th motorcycle since I was 18 and I have to say this is the best standard out there. I have owned 3 Suzuki bandit 1200s, an SV1000, and two Honda Superhawks and this is the best. I can't hardly peel the grin off my face the entire time I ride.

Hello all, My name is Jamie and I am new to the forum. I bought my first FZ1 a few weeks ago and am enjoying it every chance I get. It is an '07 dark blue with a full Yoshimura system. I have already ordered some Hel brake lines and renthal bars for it. This is my 14th motorcycle since I was 18 and I have to say this is the best standard out there. I have owned 3 Suzuki bandit 1200s, an SV1000, and two Honda Superhawks and this is the best. I can't hardly peel the grin off my face the entire time I ride.

Welcome aboard! Post some pics. I would love to see some of the old bikes also!
:welcome:

Hi I'm Paul

Just bought a 2001 FZ1 for drag racing and have enjoyed doing modifcations.
Turns out I'm a better mechanic than rider (very inconsistant), but I'm having fun and thats what counts. Here is a picture of my machine

I ran a best time of 11.4 at 121 with a 1.9 60ft before extending and lowering. I could not keep front wheel down so I bought the extentions right away. This was my first time at the track in 20 years and getting to full throttle, shifting, launching and nervousness all played a role. The rush was awsome. I'm hooked and can only get better. Shpuld get new chain today and back to track on sat. With this bike extended and lowered I am going to launch reel hard and just see how the front reacts.

225Lbs rider
65 degrees F
20mph headwind
500 ft above sea

mods:
muzzy slip on
raven dyi jetting
ported intake boots
moded air box
ais removed

Hello From Texas

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say Hello! Just joined the forums today and I think you guys have a great site!

I have owned my 2004 FZ1 for 2 years and I love it! Best bike I have ever owned! I upgraded from a Suzuki SV 650 - which I also loved but I needed more power to haul my fat butt around! :)
My bike is mostly stock! I do love my CRG Supersport Clutch Lever and I'm definately going to upgrade to a comfort seat! LOL
Anyway - I just wanted to say Hello and thanks for putting together a great site!

Thanks,

TPJ

Here is a pic of my FZ1:

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to say Hello! Just joined the forums today and I think you guys have a great site! LOL

I have owned my 2004 FZ1 for 2 years and I love it! Best bike I have ever owned! I upgraded from a Suzuki SV 650 - which I also loved but I needed more power to haul my fat butt around! :)
My bike is mostly stock! I do love my CRG Supersport Clutch Lever and I'm definately going to upgrade to a comfort seat! LOL
Anyway - I just wanted to say Hello and thanks for putting together a great site!

Thanks,

TPJ

Here is a pic of my FZ1:

A big FZ1-Forum welcome to you TPJ! Glad to have another GenI owner aboard.

Hi Guys,
Just bought a new 2008 FZ1 last Thursday. Had a DT200 dirt bike and CX500 road bike from '95, last rode anything around late 99. Had to ride the FZ1 30km home in the wet, first turn was over wet steel tram tracks, got home in one piece OK. Wife laid some heavy sh!t on me a few weeks ago and the only thing I could think of escaping with for a couple of hours, to clear my head even for just a while was a ride. Been going for some night rides around the street to get use to riding again. Looking at taking a few HART (Honda Australia Rider Training) courses to skill up again, want to stay healthy for the 3 kids we have.
A beautiful machine, started it up after a few wines and packet of smokes last Friday around 2.30 in the morning and just sat on it, neighbors were cool about it. Great Forum !!
.....Chris

Back