New member welcome thread...

Welcome pjspin0331 and Jb3426!

pjspin0331 that '01 will more than likely need to have the carburetors taken apart and cleaned to get it back on the road.

Jb3426 congrats on a great deal. Watch out 'cause once you start the mods there is no stopping ;)

Welcome pjspin0331 and Jb3426!

pjspin0331 that '01 will more than likely need to have the carburetors taken apart and cleaned to get it back on the road.

Jb3426 congrats on a great deal. Watch out 'cause once you start the mods there is no stopping ;)

yeah, after sitting that long, you're probably right

Hey hey

Raoul from Surrey England.

1st bike was FZS600 so was the second and the third is the full fat FZ1. Absolutely love it.

Cant wait to get to Austria this year and do the Stelvio Pass.

Welcome

Hey hey

Raoul from Surrey England.

1st bike was FZS600 so was the second and the third is the full fat FZ1. Absolutely love it.

Cant wait to get to Austria this year and do the Stelvio Pass.

I would love to see a picture of the 600 as I still have one in the garage. While your'e at it one of the new ride to. Welcome to the clubhouse, your secret decoder ring will be shipped soon.

Hello all

This is Constantinos. I'm new here. I don't have kids, but I'm working on it :)))

I live in Greece and I travel a lot with my FZ1-SA. That's why I placed full-fairing, higher windscreen and some other goodies that make my life easier in long distance riding.

Athens is nice, but Greek countryside is better, although the Greek roads suck :dump:! Thank God, European roads are great, even while police (always) watching!

I also have a YZF-R1 09 for the trackdays.

Nice being here

Welcome

Nice to have another member from around the globe. We all love pictures and you still have time to enter the Member's Bike of the Month so post a picture.
Welcome Constantinos !

Greetings all, new FZ1 owner here. Just brought home a new 09 Cobalt this past Friday. I work at a local Yamaha Dealer in Tennessee and this bike was taunting me everyday. Looks like you guys have got a good site here! Glad I found it!

Well... that's a good little ride from here in Boone, but take a look around the forum... there's a group of guys getting together for a Rally @ Deal's Gap next September or so... you could meet some of these guys face to face.

Hello

My name is Erik and I purchased my 2001 FZ1 last Thursday locally.

Before this I had a 1985 honda magna 500cc. The engine failed so I decided to get something a little newer. I love this bike it has lots of power compared to my honda!

I work as a Retail Parts Pro at Advance Auto Parts. I volunteered as a radio dj for the past 5 years for wrir Richmond indie radio. I play drum n bass, dubstep, old school hip hop, and any other urban style beat driven and bass heavy music I like.

noob

Hi, the name is Tom and live on the central coast of California

Got a 2007 FZ1, blue, yesterday to replace my hyosung 650 i wrecked over the weekend. got it used and the guy/girl before me added a whole load of stuff so I need to start figuring it all out, I can't wait to start tinkering.

FYI I'm new to forums also, this is the first one i have joined because yes the FZ1 is that awesome!!!!

Welcome all you new people! You've just joined the single best FZ1 forum on the net. Feel free to ask questions here. You will not be stomped on!

Always happy to see new members!

Name's Andrew, I go by Birch.

I'm 17 and have no business owning the bike I own.
I have a FZ1 which I worked for a year at a lousy restaurant to buy and absolutely love it. My parents didn't help pay for it so I take as much care of it as possible. And I'm in the process of repairs after an unfortunate wreck.

Name's Andrew, I go by Birch.

I'm 17 and have no business owning the bike I own.
I have a FZ1 which I worked for a year at a lousy restaurant to buy and absolutely love it. My parents didn't help pay for it so I take as much care of it as possible. And I'm in the process of repairs after an unfortunate wreck.

Sorry to hear that Birch, but I commend you on working hard to get the things you want on your own. That shows great character, something that many teenagers don't have anymore these days. I hope you get her back together again. Welcome to the group regardless. Post some pics when you can.

Hi,

Just joined, but I've owned my 2007 FZ1 since May 2008. It was a left-over floor model. The dealer installed the Scorpion slip-on.

n775254734_517494_1592.jpg

Mods so far:
Frame Sliders (can't remember the brand)
Tank Slapper tank protector
Yamaha gel seat
Ride Engineering fender eliminator and LED plate frame
Yoshimura full system
PCIII with Ivan's map
Air box mods
BMC air filter
Ivan's FCE
Ivan's AIR block off plates
Suzuki GSX650F bar risers
Pro Taper SE Carmichael bars
Rizoma "button" bar ends
FZ6 foot rests (solid rubber pads on the pegs)

25710_344732169734_775254734_3613856_7460368_n.jpg

26880_374448719734_775254734_3695669_1262991_n.jpg

Been riding since 2002, although I owned a Yamaha XS650 back in 1987-1988 that I sold to buy a car.

Last edited:
Back