New member welcome thread...

Nice bike Drainfade!
The new bike I am buying (pick up hopefully on 18th this month) is actually an 08 as well. It's been sitting on the showroom floor for the past year or two, never ridden. Got it for $4000 off the recommended price in australia too.

Nice bike Drainfade!
The new bike I am buying (pick up hopefully on 18th this month) is actually an 08 as well. It's been sitting on the showroom floor for the past year or two, never ridden. Got it for $4000 off the recommended price in australia too.

That's huge...nice deal. I only got $2300 off MSRP which was a great deal in itself but 4K off....they may as well pay you to take it at that price. I guess the dealers down there are hurting like they are here. They can't sell a bike if their lives depended on it, nobody is buying without a huge deal. The funny thing is they're still making money on the bikes, not much but they're making a little.

That's huge...nice deal. I only got $2300 off MSRP which was a great deal in itself but 4K off....they may as well pay you to take it at that price. I guess the dealers down there are hurting like they are here. They can't sell a bike if their lives depended on it, nobody is buying without a huge deal. The funny thing is they're still making money on the bikes, not much but they're making a little.

He isn't talking about US Dollars! If they were offering a US Model for 4K off, I would have me a pretty new bike in the garage! Of course, then I wouldn't get to ride it as I would be grounded!

08 model

I found out why it's so cheap!
It's build date is 12/07!
Oh and their RRP is a bit inflated, so it's more like $2500 off now!

Built in December of 07 still makes it an 08 model. I'm not even sure when mine was built and don't really care as it would not make any difference to how I feel about the bike. $2500 off is still a deal and once you ride it you'll understand why.:cloud9:

Hi.

My name is Steven. and I just acquired an FZ1 2002 model. I just got it yesterday. Anyhow, I have been riding for 7 years and I own a Busa, but have always wanted an FZ. My friend sold me his and bought r other friends 2006 FZ1. I work in the oilfield as a natural gas compressor technician, so i do all my own work on my bikes. Getting my wife and FZ6 due to she really hasn't riden enough to ride a liter bike. I live in Texas, way down south by Mexico, and there ain't enough twisty down here for me to practice on. So I am always going to the hill country to get away.

So there u have it, a little bit about me.

Hi.

My name is Steven. and I just acquired an FZ1 2002 model. I just got it yesterday. Anyhow, I have been riding for 7 years and I own a Busa, but have always wanted an FZ. My friend sold me his and bought r other friends 2006 FZ1. I work in the oilfield as a natural gas compressor technician, so i do all my own work on my bikes. Getting my wife and FZ6 due to she really hasn't riden enough to ride a liter bike. I live in Texas, way down south by Mexico, and there ain't enough twisty down here for me to practice on. So I am always going to the hill country to get away.

So there u have it, a little bit about me.

Glad to have you aboard Steven. :welcome:

howdy im stephen live in oklahoma right now just got out of nadc auto college in nashville. got to do some awsome rideing and meeting people there.i have a 06 fz1 my second bike first was gs500 07. my fz1 had 0 miles on it 2 years ago ive put 24k on it now. had it painted black and red kinda ghost flames on it and i crashed it 2days after painted tho in nashville. almost killed me but end up geting covered in 3rd degree burns road rash and scrubed by 2 nurses with plastic brushes and they finally decided to not skin graph me and see if i heal i did tho. luckaly young and healthy lol. love riding but ride hard alot to.

Built in December of 07 still makes it an 08 model. I'm not even sure when mine was built and don't really care as it would not make any difference to how I feel about the bike. $2500 off is still a deal and once you ride it you'll understand why.:cloud9:

Got the bike today, and yes it was absolutely awesome!!! :+2:

hello hello

Hey everyone

Just joined the forum. My name is Greg and im from York, PA USA. I just recently moved to Cocoa Beach, FL. About a year ago i rode my first street bike, an 06 R1. I fell in love and just recently purchased my first motorcycle, an 02 FZ1. Since purchasing it i have changed oil and oil filter, upgraded to a k&n air filter, replaced a broken horn, and took care of a few cosmetic details (flushmount signals, windscreen, replaced damaged bar ends and mirrors). I'm excited to finally have my own bike and i think i picked a good one. I have found that there are tons of sites with videos and pictures dedicated to service and repair for gen II fz1s, but finding the same info for gen Is isnt as easy. Anyone know of some good sites for gen I fz1s?

Hey everyone

Just joined the forum. My name is Greg and im from York, PA USA. I just recently moved to Cocoa Beach, FL. About a year ago i rode my first street bike, an 06 R1. I fell in love and just recently purchased my first motorcycle, an 02 FZ1. Since purchasing it i have changed oil and oil filter, upgraded to a k&n air filter, replaced a broken horn, and took care of a few cosmetic details (flushmount signals, windscreen, replaced damaged bar ends and mirrors). I'm excited to finally have my own bike and i think i picked a good one. I have found that there are tons of sites with videos and pictures dedicated to service and repair for gen II fz1s, but finding the same info for gen Is isnt as easy. Anyone know of some good sites for gen I fz1s?

Welcome Greg, it's a pleasure to have you aboard. If you need info on GenI bikes, just look here for a wealth of info....Pat's Motorcycle Page

It's a great page for mods, servicing, and other specs regarding the GenI FZ1.

Hi my name is John and I'am from Bethlehem PA. I just purchaced my 2009 Granite and Black FZ-1 or should I say my fiancee bought it for my as a pre wedding slash 40th birthday gift( I figured I'd make you guys a little jelouse). I have previously owned a 87&89 FZR 1000,93 CBR 900, 97 Triumph t595 with tons of cash and carbon fiber thrown at it,KLR 600 and a ZX6 R. I currently have the for mentioned FZ-1 and my baby 2002 KTM EXC 520 ( I love ridin in the woods and shes a beast. I could not hold out any longer a finally put 50 miles on the FZ yeasterday. It kind of reminds me of what a FJ 1100/1200 would be today if they still contiuned the model (or did they). Well hello everyone and if anyone is local to me drop me a line.

Welcome John. You're very lucky to have such a great fiancée ;) Sounds like you've owned some great bikes in the past and I am sure you wont be disappointed with the FZ1. Enjoy the ride and lets pray the warm weather finally gets here :D

new

my name is paul. i just got a 2001 fz1 with a lot of custom work, but it hasn't been run for a year, so i am going to have to get it up and running which hopefully wont be too difficult. i know some stuff about bikes, but i am definitely more of a rider than mechanic. but that being said, i am always looking to learn about bikes, so if it i difficult to resurrect this one, then i guess i will learn how to bring it back. the bike is a canadian fz1, idk if that makes any difference. a friends father had it up in ontario and had an accident. he said to his son that he would give him the bike if he paid for the repairs. well my friend wanted to get into riding and his father told him it wouldn't cost too much. so he imported the bike, had it rebuilt and customized and thousands of dollars later he realized that he didn't want to get into riding and just wanted it gone, so he sold it to me for $2,500. the gas tank has a pin size hole in it (which i have already bought a new one on ebay thats in the mail) and the bike hasn't been started for a year. i thought those were pretty small prices to pay for how much the bike is actually worth, so wish me luck on getting it started up and getting it ride worthy!

Last edited:
Hello guys. I live just outside Memphis Tn. I just purchased a new 2008 FZ1 for $6,700 out the door. I think I got a decent deal on it. I have been trying my best to get the break in miles off. It currently has 534 miles on it. It had 000000 on it when I picked it up. The backhoe bucket of a rear fender is already gone, the two brothers slip on should be here tomorrow, and my lower fairing kit should be here next week. I look forward to learning more about these bikes.

Back