New member welcome thread...

Thanks Billy,

BTW, I was reading your 'brake caliper' cleaning and painting modification today. WOW! That Glossy-RED color really sets things off! Surely compliments the gorgeous RED-stripes on your wheels. Dang, now you got me thinking. . . . . .

Thanks Pilot, thats how it all begins! One little mod turns into another and another and before you know it your infected!

New FZ! owner

Kinda of sounds like AA in this thread...LOL

Hi my name is Austin. I live in Snowy cold Michigan. I just bought a 2001 FZ1 and it's my first sport bike. Pretty pumped about it. I have been riding for a while and also have a pretty modded out Yamaha RS Warrior, and a 650 vstar classic for my girly. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thanks in advance for your help
-Z

Last edited:
:welcome: FZeno1!

Yeah, it does.... AA but we'll call it FZA...

Hi, I'm Eric and I have an FZ problem... I've owned all prior models and need help! :D

:D Nice to know the Lady rides too! My wife has a V Star 650 custom and traded up for the FZ6R. She LOVES it!

Glad to have you here!

Hi, I'm Michael and I have an FZ problem... I used to have an FZ6 and I needed more... now I have an FZ1 and Aaron has started me down the road of addiction. I have recently purchased an exhaust and I will be changing the sprockets. I know that I have a problem, but I don't want to stop. I would say, please help me, but I know I would just get a list of other mods to do!

Hi, I'm pilot8127 and I'm a FZ1-a-holic ! (hic) I have it bad, but I AM TRYING. . .
I hope to get over this MOD-a-diction thing , , , before I go broke. (heh,heh,heh)

Re-hab

Hi, I'm Michael and I have an FZ problem... I used to have an FZ6 and I needed more... now I have an FZ1 and Aaron has started me down the road of addiction. I have recently purchased an exhaust and I will be changing the sprockets. I know that I have a problem, but I don't want to stop. I would say, please help me, but I know I would just get a list of other mods to do!

Most on the forum understand that the first step to rehabilitation is in admitting to the problem. We all also know that Re-hab is for quitters!
Hey, PJ has a good price on MIVV GP's.......:icon_beer:

Addiction

Darn, I slipped backward a bit today. I mean, , , I did another MOD. . . .
(yes, I'm still addicted)
While I had the seat and tank off to pull and clean the air-filter. I uncoupled the fans power plug from the thermostat. I then carefully skinned a 1/4" section from each wire and soldered a new lead to each one. These will be routed to a remote toggle-switch (on top of the left inner panel, or perhaps, up on the left handle-bar control pod). This will enable manual control of the fan. I can then use this to run the radiator fan, as needed, for early-temperature control during those hot and steamy summer days while stuck in heavy, slow moving traffic. The temperature coolant light (on the dash) should come on when enabled to help remind me to switch it off when things cool down.
Another trip to the local hardware store tomorrow to pickup a suitable toggle-switch. I can decide then, where to mount it.
Darn FZA. . . .

Hello

Hi there, My name is Scott.
I'm living in Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
I take delivery of my new FZ1S in 2 weeks time. It's blue with a silver motor. My avatar is a giveaway...
I started riding in 1999 and stopped riding a few years back. I picked up the riding bug again last year. I was undecided on what bike to get back on, but eventually settled on the FZ1. Mainly 'cause of the engine in them. My favorite bike was a Yamaha YZF1000R which I bought new in 2000. That bike was awesome!

Hi there, My name is Scott.
I'm living in Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
I take delivery of my new FZ1S in 2 weeks time. It's blue with a silver motor. My avatar is a giveaway...
I started riding in 1999 and stopped riding a few years back. I picked up the riding bug again last year. I was undecided on what bike to get back on, but eventually settled on the FZ1. Mainly 'cause of the engine in them. My favorite bike was a Yamaha YZF1000R which I bought new in 2000. That bike was awesome!

Great to have you here Scott. Welcome! There are many Aussie members already on board. Nice to have another. Let us know when the new bike arrives.

Newb...how ya doing ?

I'm a newb to this board and to the FZ1 world. I picked up an '08 about a month ago for a screaming price and haven't stopped riding it since (except that it's in the shop which I'll expand on in another thread).
I live in a Seattle Suburb with my wife and 3 kids, yes that's right...3 fricken kids, we got the 2 for 1 bonus the second time around. I've been riding street bikes since '92 and have had everything from a 500 to a 1200, japanese, american, and italian. I am sorry to say I have never owned a Yamaha before now...and so far I'm very happy with my choice of model and with what Yamaha has done with it.
The easiest way to explain my riding style is mature with squidly tendencies. I ride fast, pretty decent, and lust for twisties and absolutely love going on riding trips, the farther the better. This practice is one of the reasons I've found myself on an FZ1 as my previous ZX10R justs didn't cut the cake in the comfort department. My old age has also caught up with me so the 10 just didn't work anymore...I'm 37 which isn't too old in the scheme of things but hey, I'd much rather ride farther and enjoy it than be hurting at the end of the day.
I'm also coming over to this site from the FZ10A board as the non bike banter has steered me away. I'm fine with some occasional political banter with bike related content to even it out but the lack of bike related content has steered me away. I perused around here and it seems much more bike focused and I think I'll fit right in.
Also as a side note I'm also a cancer survivor...so far, still not done fighting but with a little luck and other factors things have been improving so hopefully I'll be back at work soon...which means I'll be commuting on the FZ1 as well ;)
Well that sums me up I think..and again hi to all.

Welcome aboard Drainfade. We try to keep it more civil around here ;) Oh and post up some pictures of your ride when you get a chance. You should know that we like pictures :D

Welcome!

I'm a newb to this board and to the FZ1 world. I picked up an '08 about a month ago for a screaming price and haven't stopped riding it since (except that it's in the shop which I'll expand on in another thread).
I live in a Seattle Suburb with my wife and 3 kids, yes that's right...3 fricken kids, we got the 2 for 1 bonus the second time around. I've been riding street bikes since '92 and have had everything from a 500 to a 1200, japanese, american, and italian. I am sorry to say I have never owned a Yamaha before now...and so far I'm very happy with my choice of model and with what Yamaha has done with it.
The easiest way to explain my riding style is mature with squidly tendencies. I ride fast, pretty decent, and lust for twisties and absolutely love going on riding trips, the farther the better. This practice is one of the reasons I've found myself on an FZ1 as my previous ZX10R justs didn't cut the cake in the comfort department. My old age has also caught up with me so the 10 just didn't work anymore...I'm 37 which isn't too old in the scheme of things but hey, I'd much rather ride farther and enjoy it than be hurting at the end of the day.
I'm also coming over to this site from the FZ10A board as the non bike banter has steered me away. I'm fine with some occasional political banter with bike related content to even it out but the lack of bike related content has steered me away. I perused around here and it seems much more bike focused and I think I'll fit right in.
Also as a side note I'm also a cancer survivor...so far, still not done fighting but with a little luck and other factors things have been improving so hopefully I'll be back at work soon...which means I'll be commuting on the FZ1 as well ;)
Well that sums me up I think..and again hi to all.

Good to have you along for the ride. I also have an 08' and love it for all the same reasons. Not to bash the other site but I know what you mean and agree.:gagged:

Back