New member welcome thread...

Hey Adam and Billy,
well, the AF sent us here...I am German and really wanted to stay in Germany...we have some awesome riding roads...twisties and all...but here ??:shaking head: i have not seen anything impressive yet, hence why we are looking for people to take us out to the "hidden" roads. :)
I will post pics sometime next week. Haven't taken any yet, just got the bike yesterday...We are still in transitioning status as we won't move into our house until 3 weeks from now.
Thanks for the nice welcome...it feels good to be back with riders.

I am also a certified MSF Rider Coach and I definitely need to find me places here where i could get back into that.

So I will post a thread to the Daytonians in this forum, maybe we will be able to ride sometime.

Have a great night!
Mel

A big howdy ho! Well, not an FZ1 owner yet, but will be tomorrow about noon. :yes:

I've ridden sport bikes my whole life, but at the ripe old age of 44 was thinking I wanted to try something else. In the past 4-5 years I've owned two GSX-R1000's ('04 and '06) and an '08 CBR600RR.

I loved the handling and power, but since I ride my bike to work and love just tooling around too, I was getting pretty tired of the brutal torture-rack riding position, and just wanted to try something new, so I traded the CBR for an '05 1st gen V-Max. Now that's a change!

I loved the bike big time for about three months, but then started to realize it just wasn't "me." No matter what I try, I'm a sport-bike rider to the core, regardless of age. I grew to regret my decision to get a "Cruiser" even if it was a powerful one.

Over the past month or so I started considering what I wanted my next bike to be; I really wanted a sport bike, but a bit less cramped, and more naked. I started looking at the usual suspects; Triumph triples, Ducati Monsters, several others, and of course the FZ1. I'd always loved the FZ1, and no matter what I looked at, I just kept coming back to it. Made a trip to the local Yamaha dealer to sit on one, and fell in love immediately.

Here was a liter-class sport bike, but with a sane riding position, and it just felt RIGHT. Also looks awesome, with the beautiful engine showing, sport-bike looking rear-end, etc.

To make a long story short, I wanted to trade straight or near straight up, wasn't looking for a new payment. Got lucky and found a gray '08 FZ1 at the (large) local mega-dealer, just traded in, only 5k miles on it. It's in great shape, with LED front signals, integrated LED rear light/signals w/ fender elimimator, Scorpion carbon-fiber pipe, Puig windshield, and bar-end mirror conversion. Some guy had traded it in for a Harley at the partner dealer next door. It's also got some travel-bag bars on the back; not sure I'll keep those on or not, maybe.

Anyway, making a long story short, I wheeled and dealed, and almost pulled off an even trade; I gave them my bike and $450, and the FZ1 is MINE, woot!

I'm pretty stoked, can't wait to pick her up tomorrow. Looking forward to interacting on this forum...:cheers:

Hey Fazerlady heard southern ohio anywhere in or near the parks are a great place to ride im doing some trianing at a guard base so totally understand the moving around for the AF. Have a good time hope you and your husband find some great riding places

Greetings Everyone

Hi everyone! I'm Doug from Southern California. I just moved here from Wisconsin a couple of years ago. I've been on 2 wheels since I was 5. I enjoy motocross, flat track, and ice racing and a lot of woods riding on my 2006 KTM XC 450.
I just recently traded in my 2006 V Max for my new 09 FZ1. All I can say is why didn't I just get one from the start....lol
So Hello again and I hope to meet a lot of you on the forums. :cheers:

Doug

Hi

I'm Lee from Calgary. Have had my 2008 FZ1 for almost a month now. Just got back from a 6 day 3900 km. roadtrip in the Canadian Rockies and Vancouver Island. I bought the Touring seat from Yamaha before the trip, well worth it. This is my fifth bike in 28 years of riding. All Yamahas, just worked out that way. I guess I should get a tuning fork tatoo. The bikes were as follows; 1978 XS 400, 1981 XJ 650, 1986 RZ350, 1986 FZ600S, and finnally a 2008 FZ1. I still have the FZ600S. I am a dispatcher for a trucking company, put on 1.8 million miles as a long haul driver before getting behind a desk. Not enough time to ride during those days. Every year I take time to explore the great riding roads that start only minutes from my home heading west into the Rockies. Up at first light when the weather's right.:laugh2:

Hello all. I'm in Kentucky, USA. I owned an 08 FZ1 for a year, but I sold it. I realized the error of my ways and bought an 09 last week. I ride it to work and on fun rides, and I ride my WR250R whenever there is a chance I might end up in the grass or dirt.

Hello all. I'm in Kentucky, USA. I owned an 08 FZ1 for a year, but I sold it. I realized the error of my ways and bought an 09 last week. I ride it to work and on fun rides, and I ride my WR250R whenever there is a chance I might end up in the grass or dirt.

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have yet another member join our ranks. Post us some shots of all your rides when you can.

G'day all.

I'm from Australia. Right next door to Frazer island in Queensland.

I have an 08 FZ1N and loving it. Before the FZ1 I had an ZX6 01, owned for 3 years but unlucky two months ago I wrote it off completely at 120kph - 65mph and walked away, (Ill try and post a pic). One week later got married.

Had the FZ1 for about a month now and slowly customizing it. I put a power commander in it last week and got it tuned last friday and is now a true machine.:eek5:

I cant wait to get to know you all better, The forum has allot of good information here,

Cheers,

Hello I'm Mike from Longview, WA

2006 FZ1 7K Miles got it used about a month ago - just picked riding back up after a 10 year break.

Looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about the bike

Hello from Canada

Hi All, Great Site.
I'm not so lucky to own an FZ1... yet.
My best riding Buddy has one (I might steal his some day).
My current ride is a good old SV650S.
Great little bike but not an FZ1 definitely.
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Laid off in the great recession of 2008.
Right now am self (un)employed.
**ad-like material edited out**
Love your bikes, am very very jealous.
Ride safe.
Greg

Guess I'd finally say hi :)

Hello everyone,

My name is James I'm 29 and own a FZ1 2007. I've only ridden for 8 months now and this is my first bike. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for choosing this as my first bike. I'd have to say I would be crazy NOT to choose the Fz1 for my first bike as I love it.

So far the only mods I have on it are sliders, changed the rear fairing, lowered the bars and put suburban machinery bars on, and speedking adjustable rearsets. Currently I'm undecided on what exhaust system I'm going to put on as I an clueless on exhausts.

I am not married and have no children and was in the Marines. I live in Atlanta and can be seen everyday riding around town. I've been kind of spying on this forum for a couple of months and find it a valuable source of information and would like to thank EVERYONE that has posted for clearing up a lot of things for me even if I didnt directly ask. I will post a pic of Sharon (thats my bikes name) in the future after I clean her cause god knows she needs to be washed. :p

Newbe

Hi all, Darren from Tasmaina, AUS, Been reading forum for a while know so I thought i had best sign in, Black FZ1N 2008, GYTR pipe, K&N Filter. Will ty and put some pics up soon.
Cheers

Here's a BIG FZ1-Forum welcome to Cooper, mbnwa, PackJack, Wjfawb0, Dizmal, and Darren. Glad to have all of you aboard! The more the merrier. Have a great time and don't be afraid to ask questions and to participate here with the group.

Back