New member welcome thread...

Hi, I'm Sean from Central Jersey and have an 06 with 14k miles. Always looking for local riders to hit the roads with. I ride with the Central NJ Sportbike Riders and the NYC Sportbikes Meetup group. I always hit the Catskills, Bear Mountain, Hawks Nest, New Hope, etc.. Anyone local shoot me an email.

Welcome ! Good to see another central Jersey guy here.
I looked at the central Jersey sportbike page. Looks interesting. I'll join in that when I get a chance.

Where is Hawks Nest? Never heard of it.

Welcome Sean, As I've posted in another thread, as long as my bike runs okay, me, Tony(NJFZ1), Ray(CanonFuji), and my son will be up at Bear Mountain this Sunday morning. The weather is supposed to be fantastic. Tony and I are usually up there by 9:30 to 10:30am most times. We all meet up on Perkin's Peak and then decide where we are going. Tony has to be back down South by 2:00pm so I figure a 7 Lakes Drive quickie to 17A, to Greenwood Lake, grab a bite, and then head back. You guys are more than welcome to meet us there.

...Where is Hawks Nest? Never heard of it.

It's in NY on Rt 97, just past Port Jervis. It's a short series of twisties overlooking the Delaware River. It's a nice ride to get up there since you also go through High Point State Park if going through Sussex County in NJ.

What's up, guys. I'm Randy from Western Arkansas. I've been riding for 34 of my 38 years and I'm on my 16th bike--only my 2nd Yamaha (sorry, I've always been a Suzuki guy). Anyway, I'm addicted to riding and much prefer dirt bikes, as that is what I rode 'til I was in my 20s. That being said, I love all bikes. I recently bought a used '06 FZ1 (red) to replace a cruiser that I'd ridden for 26K mi. and caught tons of grief from everyone for doing it. I don't care; I LOVE the FZ1. I think it will quickly become my favorite bike. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna post this and go ride. Thanks for all the info you all give.

My name is Rae, I rider a FZ1 2003 Yamaha my husband rides a 2002 FZ1 great fun... Hope you are all enjoying the weather. Montana starting to get a little cooler these early mornings......I am so hating the weather getting cold. I love to ride my cruiser. We have done alot of weekend rides, and over Labor Day weekend we road 605 miles in one day with 2 stops.............what agreat ride it was. Well have to close have to hit the hay have to work in the am nite everyone have good night and Happy Ridding! :tup:

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site to be a sister site to FZ6-Forum.com I currently ride a FZ6... but I have a crush on the FZ1.

It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor).

I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... BroHay? FZ1inNH?

Dennis

My name is Rae, I rider a FZ1 2003 Yamaha my husband rides a 2002 FZ1 great fun... Hope you are all enjoying the weather. Montana starting to get a little cooler these early mornings......I am so hating the weather getting cold. I love to ride my cruiser. We have done alot of weekend rides, and over Labor Day weekend we road 605 miles in one day with 2 stops.............what agreat ride it was. Well have to close have to hit the hay have to work in the am nite everyone have good night and Happy Ridding! :tup:

Welcome Rae. It's great to have another Yamaha family aboard. GenI's Rule!!! Send us some photos of all your bikes, we'd love to see them. Take care!

Hello,
Im Richard and live in North Carolina. I am 44 years old and just bought my first street bike. An 08 FZ1. I have always loved motorcycles and have been racing hare scrambles for 5 years with my 2 sons but that still did not cure my desire for a street bike. After being married for 22 years I finally talked my wife into letting me get one. This is way more bike than I will ever need but it sure is fun. Just could not go the cruiser route. Maybe if the wife will ever ride
with me I will consider it.

Erin Here,

This looks like a great forum and since I just finished my euro headlight mod on my '07 FZ1 - there should be lots of resources here about other goodies to put on it. Been riding for 10 years and doing track days (up until hubby crashed my R6 - glad you lived thru it, dear). Also currently ride an '09 R1 and am looking forward to getting my hands on a new V-Max.

Starting to get the 4 & 2 yr olds on the PW50 since they love going for rides on the little TTR pitbike. Hope the Fall weather stays nice - not ready to start snowmobiling quite yet!

well, at least you have the option to ride a snow mobile. We have not had a real winter here in ....well....since I've live here for coming up on 5 years...

Although Angel Fire got an early snow this year, so maybe this is the year for some..

Feel free to post of pics of all your toys and Welcome to the forum!

A big welcome to both Richard and Erin. It's a real pleasure to have you on board with us. Richard, my son and I have been going down to North Carolina on and off for vacation for years. You have a beautiful State and the people are insanely polite. It took me a few days our first time down to get used to it, being from NY and all, but afterwards we just never wanted to leave. It's also a Gearhead's paradise. I hope to move down there while I still have some time left.

Erin, I guess I'll have to hit the Midwest to find a girl who likes sportier bikes! The women here that I've seen on sportbikes, are young enough to be my daughters and the women that are closer to my age are usually on Hardleys and look like they could throw me a beating! Welcome again and post some shots of your rides, even the PW's!

Hey everyone!
I just got a 2009 White and Pink Fz6R
And... i love it!! I got it in august and i'm already rolling on the high miles :p
I got a chance to ride my friends' Fz1 which.. has a lot more power than my Fz6r but thats okay :p It's perfect for me for a first bike. :)
I am not looking forward to winter because i want to keep riding!! :tup:

Hey everyone!
I just got a 2009 White and Pink Fz6R
And... i love it!! I got it in august and i'm already rolling on the high miles :p
I got a chance to ride my friends' Fz1 which.. has a lot more power than my Fz6r but thats okay :p It's perfect for me for a first bike. :)
I am not looking forward to winter because i want to keep riding!! :tup:

Welcome Dreamer! Now I want to be the first to say that this is a MUST SEE. I have got to see a White/Pink FZ. :needpics:

Graphics

Good pictures, you can always tell when someone has a new machine by the way they take the pictures,The beginning of the love affair. I should know, I have lots of shots of my own machine. I like the tasteful graphics and the tank pad, nice how well it fits with the rest of the bike.

New to the site. I don't have an FZ1 yet, but from what I have read on this site so far it will be my next bike. I am still researching and soon to ride one. Then I will have to decide which of my current rides to sell because the wife says 3 is enough.

New to the site. I don't have an FZ1 yet, but from what I have read on this site so far it will be my next bike. I am still researching and soon to ride one. Then I will have to decide which of my current rides to sell because the wife says 3 is enough.

WOW! Your wife lets you keep THREE BIKES!! Man, I had to divorce mine just to have ONE!! God Bless Her. Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of info here to allow you to make a decision on which is good for you. Me, I'm a GenI guy myself but from the list I see of your stable, you'll probably be going new.

My name is Brian, I was an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician in the Air Force and a UXO contractor for the US Government for a total of 23 years. I own a 97 Vmax and a 2002 FZ1. I love em both. The FZ1 just turned over 27,000 miles on my last ride.

I live in Colorado which has some of the greatest riding anywhere (as long as you stay west).

I'm married to a great wife who lets me ride as much as I want.

I love photography too, I'm just not very good at it.

bigb_eod-albums-some-rides-i-ve-taken-picture380-wolf-creek-pass-colorado-way-durango-vail-2003.jpg

Last edited:
Back