New member welcome thread...

Hey! Im Jeremy, I live in Northern Florida with my wife and two kids age 5 and 18 months. I am an IT in the Coast Guard and have moved around quite a bit over the last couple of years (Northern California, Hawaii, and now Florida). I started out riding on a 1100 Honda Shadow which was a great cruiser! After a couple of years I wanted something faster and with better handling. I gave the Honda to my Dad to get him back in to riding after a 25 year break, and I picked up a Raven 2009 FZ1.
Ive had the FZ1 since February and have done a lot of modifications to it since than. I've done the airbox mod, BMC race filter, Ivans flies, AIS plugged up, Power commander V, Auto tune, FCE, Yosh R-77 exhaust, Proton Flushmounts, LED's, fender eliminator, speedo healer, 16t front sprocket, rear set washer mod, and fz6 foot rests. The bike is now running incredible and I think I'm done for now with the engine Mods. Next up will be the brakes and suspension.
I ride to work a couple times a week and try to get a couple hundred mile ride in on the weekends. I havent done any track days yet, but it's something I'm looking to get into. Other than riding motorcycles I love to snowboard and play golf occasionally.

Im Justin, and live in East, TN. Been ridin since 02. Started then on a 94 harley lowrider, and loved it, but financial hard times forced me to sell in 06. Three years later a good friend of mine told me all the good things about an fz1, so after extensive research and a little guidance(not to mention finding a great deal on my 06 shift red with a few mods to sweeten the deal) I became the proud owner of an fz1. Since then i have tried to find another motorcycle the would be better for me and the search continues. Hopefully in the next couple years i can pick up a dual sport and do a little off roadin!!

Welcome guys! Glad to have you aboard. We love photos, so post some up for us soon!! Enjoy the forum. Billy.

Noob Here

My name is Dan and I'm from Cincinnatii OH. I've been lurking a while and taking it all in. Lots of good info to learn from. :yes:

I just purchased my 2008 FZ1 from Sky Powersports in Kathleeen, FL on June 30th, 2009. Since then I've taken it to Deal's Gap, Cherohola Skyway, Highway 160 over Black Mountain and too many Appalachian mountain roads too list...

It's pushing 2500 miles currently and the smile I get riding her hasn't changed a bit!

I've added a Yoshimura R77 full system, GYTR braided lines, Graves EXUP eliminator, frame sliders and a Ventura 51 liter rack/bag combo for touring.

And since I know these intros are worthless without 'em, here are the pics:

FZ13.jpg

FZ14.jpg

FZ12.jpg

Hi All

Im Dave from the UK live in the oldiest recorded town in the UK called Colchester riding a YZF750 at the moment but looking to get a FZ1 N or fazer in the very near future , Yamaha are doing a very good finance package of 0% at the moment

Cheers Dave

Hello every one.

Ray here. I'm from the UK where I got my start riding mopeds dirt bikes, really any thing with an engine and 2 wheels. I moved to NY at the age of 19, been living here for 28 years. I have a wife, 2 sons, 2 dogs. I started back riding about 7 years now, I have 01 fz1 got it used with 7,000 miles around 4 years ago for a great price $4,500 clean bike at the time. I have 81,460 miles. What a great bike it is.

I like to take picture, so I will post a few from time to time.

Cheers.

Hi All
I’ve been using this site for a while now so I guess it’s about time I posted on this thread.

Steve here from Sayreville, NJ. I have a cobalt blue 07 which I love to death. No mods yet. That is unless you consider the little folded pieces of electrical tape I shoved between the fairing and the vibrating triangle vent to keep it quiet as a mod. I’m happy with the bike in stock form. It has all the performance I’ll ever need. My next big mod will probably be a tank protector. lol.

My only other bike was a 93 Yamaha Seca II (600cc) which I bought new. I bought the FZ1 as a birthday present to myself when I turned 50 last year. I became a dad twice over within the last 9 years ( two girls, ages 9 and 7) so I didn’t have time to ride much then. Now that they’re a little older I have some time again to myself. It’s been a blast on the FZ1! What an upgrade! I did the MSF ERC on it back in Oct.

I work as an electrical power systems engineer for the phone company. My office is in Manhattan but my field work is in the Bronx and Staten Island. I’m in my 26th year there. With two little kids I have neither plans nor the means to retire anytime soon.

I’m not much of a mechanic. I usually have the dealer do the work and servicing. I’m not a slouch with tools but it’s been mostly electrical, air conditioning and some woodworking. So I’d like to start getting my feet wet with working on the bike more. At least start doing the oil changes myself.

I have two buddies I often ride with. One of them works on Saturdays so time together is limited. The other guy, who got me into riding 15 years ago, has two kids in diapers now so I rarely see him anymore.

They gave me a voucher for a free track day when I bought the bike. I have until the end of Aug. to use it. I’ve been reading the NESBA site to get familiar with track riding. Not sure if I’m going to do it but I’ll probably regret it if I don’t.

My other hobbies are fishing and astronomy. I have a large telescope and I try to get away under the stars when I can up in the Catskills or the Pine Barrens of southern NJ. It relaxes me.

My next long ride with the FZ1 will probably be to N.H. to visit some friends. Hopefully that will be within the next few months if the lousy weather here in the northeast ever cooperates.

That’s about it.
Nice getting to know everyone here.

Last edited:
hey! My name is Todd. i just joined last night because... yesterday, i came home with my new Fz1. I was stoked....what a ride. drove it 45 miles from the nearest dealer. I've been in to bikes since my 12th birthday. mom and dad got me a honda elsinor 50....loved it and loved bikes eversince. my last bike was a bandit 1200s...super bike, only complaint.. no 6th gear...so i sold the bandit...13months ago..and researched ever since....and today..fz1
thanks in advance for the web site;)
;)

Well hello Todd! Glad you could make it. You'll have a blast over here. We have a great bunch of FZ owners always looking to help you out when help is needed. Post a pic of your new baby when you get a chance since we really love pictures here on the site. Billy.

Hi guys, my my names John, im from PA. Ive been lurking on the site for a while and decided it was time to post. I have a blue 07 FZ1, i bought it last Aug. with some crate damage so i got a really good deal on it. Only thing ive done to it so far is get it dynoed at my brother in laws shop.

Hi guys, my my names John, im from PA. Ive been lurking on the site for a while and decided it was time to post. I have a blue 07 FZ1, i bought it last Aug. with some crate damage so i got a really good deal on it. Only thing ive done to it so far is get it dynoed at my brother in laws shop.

Welcome Buddy! There's only one thing that you forgot to mention!? ........Your dyno numbers??? You might as well post a pic of your bike.

My bike put out 68 ft lbs at 9,500 rpm, and 133 hp at the fuel cutoff, which was about 11,750 rpm. This was in 5th gear, in 4th gear the bike made 2 less hp and torque. Ill get some pics up here soon.

My bike put out 68 ft lbs at 9,500 rpm, and 133 hp at the fuel cutoff, which was about 11,750 rpm. This was in 5th gear, in 4th gear the bike made 2 less hp and torque. Ill get some pics up here soon.

Those sound like good numbers for a stock '07. Start modifying it and you'll get it up to around 150 HP. That's when the real fun begins...:D

Hi all. Proud new owner of a brand new 08 FZ-1. :yes: I've been riding about 10 years now and made the move from my Buell Ulysses to this. So far I have found some good info on this site. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of the flat spot between 4-6k. I'm guessing a PCIII will handle that nicely. But that's what the search function is for. :)

Welcome to the forum....the soon to be best place to obtain all your information/modding needs for the FZ1.

Don't be shy and post up pics as your go on your journey to make your FZ your own....

and be sure to let all your friends :drools: over the bike to get them on the forum as well...

Adam

Back