Guys I need help choosing which bike to get, What would you do?

07' completely stock FZ1 with 5k miles on it for $4250
fz3.jpg

Or a 2008 FZ1 with 5k miles for $5000 that is loaded up with:

The bike has a power commander 3 and a carbon fiber slip in yoshimira exhaust. Sounds excellent.
Has a matching lower cowl to cover the exhaust pipe
LED turn signals for the front
Bar handle side mirrors
Zero gravity tinted wind screen
Aftermarket rear turn signals
Rear matching seat cowl
Corbin pilot seat
Corbin passenger seat.
Tires are good
Bike was recently professionally tuned by EDR performance. I have the dyno papers to prove that it makes 72lbs of torque and 140hp.
It's is a CLEAN TITLE with LOW MILES.
fz10.jpg

I like both colors so thats not an issue, what would you do? I would appreciate your comments.

That depends what you like. Aftermarket parts are usually taste dependent. Ask yourself if you really want and need all this. Today you usually go wiht a ECU flash for performance. Aftermarket parts that I really like are slip-on (the stock can is too ugly), steel brake lines (do not age and improve braking feeling), heated grips, adjustable rearsets, touring and sport compatible seat (yamaha gel seat for me) and touring windscreen. Some of these mods are very rider specific (windscreen, slip-on) and I would only value them if they are really my taste. For 750$ you can get already a lot of mods, for example a slip on, ECU flash and R1 shock+satan adapter, heated grips and windscreen.
The more important question is about the condition of the bike. Chain, tires, brakes, coolant ect. Most of fluids and tires should be changed after standing for years.

Tires are brand new, it was just serviced. A carbon Yoshi exhaust is $500 alone, everything on it was tastefully done & everything I would have done + more than I would have done.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me. You say you like the mods on the bike and would have done the same, and it has fresh rubber - and the mileage on the two bikes is similar. All other things equal, I would get the modded bike.

EDIT: Oh, and one model year newer too? Yeah, not a hard decision in my book ...

I saw the 08 on CL for $6k, if he came down to $5k I think that's a pretty good deal, especially since he did all the mods for u. Have fun choosing.

I like the modded 08 especially because of all the 07 frame issues.
The mods are quite costly and if someone else has already done what you want then I say go for it.

If you like the mods go for the 08 if it's been maintained well it'll be an awesome bike. Even if it's been ragged on as long as it's been kept up you should be ok. I run mine pretty hard and have had no issues... I've never tracked mine but I don't ride like it's a Harley either.

I'd get some stainless lines and change fork oil. I vote stainless more for durability more than improved braking feel (they do make a firmer more responsive feel) but if you notice OEM rubber lines have a date of manufacture on em. Its there for a reason.

Last edited:
That depends what you like. Aftermarket parts are usually taste dependent. Ask yourself if you really want and need all this. Today you usually go wiht a ECU flash for performance. Aftermarket parts that I really like are slip-on (the stock can is too ugly), steel brake lines (do not age and improve braking feeling), heated grips, adjustable rearsets, touring and sport compatible seat (yamaha gel seat for me) and touring windscreen. Some of these mods are very rider specific (windscreen, slip-on) and I would only value them if they are really my taste. For 750$ you can get already a lot of mods, for example a slip on, ECU flash and R1 shock+satan adapter, heated grips and windscreen.
The more important question is about the condition of the bike. Chain, tires, brakes, coolant ect. Most of fluids and tires should be changed after standing for years.

Ivans ECU flash will require a power commander anyway.

I saw the 08 on CL for $6k, if he came down to $5k I think that's a pretty good deal, especially since he did all the mods for u. Have fun choosing.

Yup we worked a deal for $5k, I am picking it up on Friday when I have the day off.....I am excited! I can't wait for my ZX10 to get out of the shop to ride. It's killing me not to have a bike in the garage.

Back