It is official... I am now a Texas resident. First ride was only 37 miles round trip and 100% illegal. Expired registration, no inspection... That was to get it inspected though. Got the 4Runner and both bikes inspected. Michele will have to go get her bike registered now. The 4Runner gets a temp tag because I am getting my Army veteran plates.

It was a beautiful day for all this activity and I got lucky with only a 20 minute wait at the DMV and a 15 minute wait for my license. Can't wait to go explore! Can't tomorrow... new grill being delivered (priorities you know!) and I have to pick up my granddaughter from school because her Mom will be late coming home.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20160303_173033432.jpg
    IMG_20160303_173033432.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 91
I will be in Austin Monday evening and Tuesday during the day. Let me know if you two might be able to make it to lunch in downtown. I will have my whole team with me but they would welcome some conversation other than me talking shop. :)

Morgstang, thanks and we will take you up on a ride at some point. Brad, I have a Dr's appointment at noon on Tuesday. Michele's job will not give her that kind of time for lunch. Otherwise, we would love to meet up but I think it will have to be at a more convenient time. We intend to make to down your way to explore in an upcoming weekend and we will be sure to make time to meet and/or ride with you!

This coming weekend, we are riding with Hellgate and after knowing him for almost 10 years in the forums and on FB, it's long overdue!

Sounds great to me! We went out 1431 yesterday to Marble Falls and back. Nice short run for the first ride. What time do you want to meet here? We'll have to go easy on Michele. She's not been riding for a long time and isn't confident on the roads here yet. ;)

I think I have her convinced to go to a beginners track day or two to get skills developed without the need for speed. She needs to become more confident in what she is cable of.

That's a nice ride. I love the section out of Lago Vista, however I always seem to get stuck behind a wagon train of minivans!

I'll check with Rachelle on the time to eat, then we can back plan from there.

I love 1431 but like Pete always get stuck behind someone. :) I expect that is more of a problem for Pete than irbid for me. Lime creek is just too busy these days with people coming out of their driveways on blind turns. Still a pretty drive for a cruise.

I will be near Marble Falls at the end of April at Hidden Falls Adventure park doing some camping and off-road riding. Let me know if you two (yall) can make it to marble falls for breakfast or lunch at bluebonnet cafe.

Last edited:
That's a nice ride. I love the section out of Lago Vista, however I always seem to get stuck behind a wagon train of minivans!

I'll check with Rachelle on the time to eat, then we can back plan from there.

Maybe it was the time or day? We got stuck behind no one at all... clear road all the way through. Looking forward to it Pete!

Brad, let us know the day and I'll try and get us there!

Morgstang, we would almost have to come down the night before and stay over or leave here pretty darned early in the AM. I'll keep it in mind! Thank you!

Maybe it was the time or day? We got stuck behind no one at all... clear road all the way through. Looking forward to it Pete!

Brad, let us know the day and I'll try and get us there!

Morgstang, we would almost have to come down the night before and stay over or leave here pretty darned early in the AM. I'll keep it in mind! Thank you!

We always have an extra room at the "Morgstang Inn"

Back