FZ1 ECU Tuning

Friday update:

"I sent it off to ECUunleashed on Monday, they wanted me to solder on the motherboard to extract the stock files of your early ECU, and I wasnt comfortable with that....they'll knock it out, probably get it back next week sometime. Frist time they have seen that ECU serial lot code on a FZ1 so it requires a different read technique. Those guys really know their stuff, and we are starting to help them on some Aprilia maps."

Tuesday update:

"He should be sending it back soon....he confirmed he got it, and sent the raw files off it to Italy."

It's been to damn hot to ride anyway...

I'll keep you guys posted.

Friday update:

"In regards to the Fz1.....
I broke my foot and have been laid up this week. I will make this FZ1 my priority to complete next week. Hopefully your customer is still being patient with this :) "

Friday update:

"In regards to the Fz1.....
I broke my foot and have been laid up this week. I will make this FZ1 my priority to complete next week. Hopefully your customer is still being patient with this :) "

No the customer and a hell of a lot of us here on FZ1-forum.com are getting impatient waiting for this to get finished.

I'm thinking :woot: every time I see a new post in this thread, and get excited that it has arrived!

I guess you know what I mean... :innocent:

Last edited:
By now, you should be charging THEM for it! Jeez!!!

I'm not worried. I have to imagine that coding the ECU takes time to do. I know my coders at work will spend 3 to 4 days on what apprears to be a simple fix to me. What do I know? I'm just the manager, I don't actually "do" any work. :tup:

Remember this is only for the '06 ECUs, as it is different for later ones. If you have a later ECU they had flashes already available for them.

The 06 ECU is a bitch I guess as has been reported by everyone having the worst state of tune. And Yamaha ECUs being tamper-proof, they have to be extremely careful while reprogramming them to avoid frying them.

Not so much that it is a bitch but it just takes time to develop.

AF1 is helping develop the Aprilia reflashes and it is slow work to do it right.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Ok Pete... Where is it? What's going on with your ECU? It has been 45 days today (I think) and we're all still anxious to hear the results! Any word at all??? Thnx!!

Ok Pete... Where is it? What's going on with your ECU? It has been 45 days today (I think) and we're all still anxious to hear the results! Any word at all??? Thnx!!

Nothing as of yet. I emailed AF1 yesterday but they are in the processing of opening a new shop in Austin this week. The raw files made it to Italy about two weeks ago. I've no idea how long it tkaes to reprogram. The ECU contains 80 plus maps and is not simple like a PC. We're breaking new ground with the 06 ECU so it may take a little while.

So what is their typical turn around time on a ecu that they already have the information on? Just curious as if/ when this works I would be very interested and unfortunately most of us don't have an extra ecu laying around.

So what is their typical turn around time on a ecu that they already have the information on? Just curious as if/ when this works I would be very interested and unfortunately most of us don't have an extra ecu laying around.

You'll need to call a retailer but without shipping its about 2 to 3 days from what I understand.

I was just mentioning this to a fellow FZ1 rider yesterday and thought maybe I missed a "News Flash" about the subject. This enlightens all of us on how difficult it is to get a ECU to work and fuel correctly. I hope the guys doing this can come up with an end product that the average guy can afford and still make them some money.

Back