Dustin's Official 2014 Trip Report Thread

Heading for home today. I had a nice route planned to get me off the I5 but I realised it's Easter Weekend so I might just take short way home and get back on Saturday. I'll play it by ear. I'm feeling relaxed after visiting my friends in Fremont and pretty lazy actually :)

Between Everett and Arlington, many Smokey's so watch out. They have all kinds of new under cover rig's, I'mpala's, Trucks, and bike guys... No Tickets this time.

And don't be on that Cell Phone either.

Last edited:
xodzWA5l.jpg

That was a hell of a road.

I am wondering if your trip has changed any stereo types there may have been about the U.S. or the people in it. I assume this is as far as you have dived in before.

That's a very good question. I'll have to think about that. I have been coast to coast by car and seen quite a lot of the USA. I think over 30 States by now. I will say, I was not expecting Texas to be so welcoming, so friendly.

Dustin, please tell us....Is everything really BIGGER in Texas??? :)

Actually, no! Everything is bigger in the USA, full stop.

Between Everett and Arlington, many Smokey's so watch out. They have all kinds of new under cover rig's, I'mpala's, Trucks, and bike guys... No Tickets this time.

And don't be on that Cell Phone either.

Thank you for the warning! I always dawdle through Washington on the Interstates.

You were on that one ? Nice, did ya run outa gas ?

Not with the massive fuel tank on that VFR!

Looks like a great time. love the pics.

Thanks for following along!

I'm staying just south of Portland tonight and home is just five hours away! It's been a wet, cold day and I got off the coast at highway 199 from Crescent City. Great road! It will be one I'll come back and do again when it's not pouring rain :)

Photos!

h5vD0n7l.jpg

iNoaTF0l.jpg

OeaIq9yl.jpg

Wslpza8l.jpg

Last edited:
Home! It's good to be home! Did the world's fastest oil change & chain clean and now off to the airport to surprise my girlfriend when she arrives :)

Trip breakdown:

- 14 days gone, 10 days riding
- 8400 km, 5200 miles
- Temperatures from 34c to 0c
- Nearly perfect weather the whole way through, except one massive storm near Austin and the last day in miserable fog
- MotoGP at Circuit of The Americas
- Saw Rossi in the paddock
- Finally did CA-36 after wanting to do it for the last two years. Got the obligatory road sign :)
- Not a single mechanical malady. Not even a chain adjustment
- Peter was an awesome riding buddy

Now to plan my next trip!

Back