Dustin's Official 2014 Trip Report Thread

Did you go over Hwy 20 ? I hear it's open.

I did yesterday! Finally. Here are photos:

Diablo Lake & Diablo Dam
mKR1aS5l.jpg

From the overlook
N3ilRsOl.jpg

Red and green
OPOnPpYl.jpg

Mountains
T5WeRVEl.jpg

Waterfall
O9JU4PKl.jpg

Liberty Bell Mountain
h5mLrRzl.jpg

Washington Pass
IPFGoDRl.jpg

Last edited:
Today's two up adventure was to the Sunshine Coast Canada, BC for a little reconnaissance. Neither of us have ever been so it was a good excuse to spend a Sunday. The only way to access it is by ferry and I screwed up on both the departure and return ferry schedule. Coupled with the return ferry being 15 minutes late, we spent 3.5 hours waiting around at the ferry terminal. My bad.

Either way, the ride was fun and this part of BC is absolutely spectacular.

On the ferry heading from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale
ql1ct1hl.jpg

Overcast as we left but it would clear up soon enough
XhY0AmMl.jpg

A beautiful inlet up to the north east in a town called Egmont
E7oO3J7l.jpg

One of many lovely lakes along the route
yQEhrM2l.jpg

The return home
fCUoGvxl.jpg

Ship mates on the return trip. Way more bikes than on the way there
BmRkwTel.jpg

Rhubarb with a UFO chasing it
xZfZxvEl.jpg

Once we landed in Vancouver again, we hit the highway and I felt something wasn't right with the bike. A little ways further and I definitely knew I had a puncture. We managed to limp off the highway and into North Vancouver. I pulled into a mall parking lot and found a humongous nail in my rear tire
kIJEKzNl.jpg

I patched it with my Stop 'N Go kit and will get my new Avons put on ASAP. I normally don't have an issue with riding on a plugged tire but this tire was run flat, at speed and with two people on board. It was scorching hot when we pulled into the mall parking lot.
10485526_10152510273190915_5039341160072584598_n.jpg

I've been remiss in keeping up with a lot of the forum and somehow missed this epic thread until now. Dustin, I bow before you in envy for the journey to TX and back. What an inspiration! Incredible! Glad it was uneventful and spectacular! Let me know if you're headed to the east coast, specifically New England. I'd be glad to ride with you for a few days!

I've been remiss in keeping up with a lot of the forum and somehow missed this epic thread until now. Dustin, I bow before you in envy for the journey to TX and back. What an inspiration! Incredible! Glad it was uneventful and spectacular! Let me know if you're headed to the east coast, specifically New England. I'd be glad to ride with you for a few days!

Thanks for reading the thread! I'd be happy to ride with you any day! Some day I'll head East :)

Thanks for reading the thread! I'd be happy to ride with you any day! Some day I'll head East :)

I hope to head west and visit you! And that "40+" stuff? I'm hitting 50 soon and I'm ready to ride the distance. ;) I'll have to get a tracker though so I can do the same. I'd like to bounce from member to member location and tent on lawns. :D I just need a member every 500 or so miles!

I hope to head west and visit you! And that "40+" stuff? I'm hitting 50 soon and I'm ready to ride the distance. ;) I'll have to get a tracker though so I can do the same. I'd like to bounce from member to member location and tent on lawns. :D I just need a member every 500 or so miles!

There's more than a lawn waiting for you in Vancouver! The 40 over thing is an excess speeding law (kph), not age ;)

You are always welcome in IL. You too, Dustin. No tent on the lawn needed. I'll have to get my passport. I've been to Canada, but that was before I needed a passport to cross the boarder.

We need to create a map with both member locations and miles between them, all who would host another member passing through. Thanks Dustin and Troy! You all know that if you're in NH, the door is open and the Busted Knuckle Garage is ready for maintenance! We can do nearly anything you want to the bike to keep a trip rolling.

This weekend is Canada Day (July 1st) and my girlfriend's boss gave everyone a four day weekend! I had to work Saturday but Sunday we set out for Penticton, BC, about 450 km from Vancouver. This was the longest we'd ever ridden together in a day but it was a piece of cake for us. The way up we hit a storm through Manning Park and temperatures dropped down to 7c (44 f). At the moment, it's around 26c (79) and will be 31 (88) tomorrow. Photos coming later!

Back