Dustin's Official 2014 Trip Report Thread

I'm in Long Beach, WA, bonding with my VFR. First time I've taken it on slab and first time I've done any multi day riding on it. I'll go home tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow is nicer weather than today :)

6VU3JJel.jpg

EEpJwxDl.jpg

X8bqprbl.jpg

kbZItNPl.jpg

CP9aTx3l.jpg

Last edited:
Good thing your young Dustin, my chiropractor would be able to retire on what it would cost me to get straightened out after riding that bike more than a hour. ;)

Nice scooter!

Stopped for coffee just north of the Oregon border at the I5. Cold morning. Very cold. Heavy fog and 2 degrees c as I worked my way along WA-4. It's still winter, eh?

Cool pics.

Long Beach Washington should be sued for false advertising. At just 28 miles long, that beach probably wouldn't even make it into the top 10. It isn't even the longest in CONUS.

Aww im so jealous !! have fun Dustin be safe man

I'm home now and about to tuck into some pizza with the girlfriend. :)

Cool pics.

Long Beach Washington should be sued for false advertising. At just 28 miles long, that beach probably wouldn't even make it into the top 10. It isn't even the longest in CONUS.

Haha, I think it might just have squeaked into the top 10. It's America, they tend to get excited about their things

They are too stoned in Washington to really know.

Good to see you made it home.
Route question. Why not go to Port Townsend and use the ferry to ride over Deception pass on the return trip and skip Seattle?

Route question. Why not go to Port Townsend and use the ferry to ride over Deception pass on the return trip and skip Seattle?

I was considering it but I have ridden Whidbey Island and Deception Pass a lot and it's really dull and clogged up with old farts.

So after a few thousand miles on the VFR, I can tell I have a lot of 'breaking in' to do. I am not used to clip ons at all and I can't ride long distances without stopping for a break every couple hours.

I better get lots of seat time in before April!

Last edited:
I was considering it but I have ridden Whidbey Island and Deception Pass a lot and it's really dull and clogged up with old farts.

:eyebrow: how old do ya need to be to qualify to be an "old fart" Dustin?!?!? LOL
Cause I think I just might qualify for that, they keep wanting me to join AARP!!!

I agree. Deception Pass is stunning. My Dad lives in Oak Harbor beautiful area. If you are there look up the Oak Harbor Mermaid. My Dad made it for the city about 2 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

:eyebrow: how old do ya need to be to qualify to be an "old fart" Dustin?!?!? LOL
Cause I think I just might qualify for that, they keep wanting me to join AARP!!!

Bahh! I keep getting ads to date women who are 50+. I'm not even 50 yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back