Dustin's New Bike Thread

VFR is harder to work o because of the V. An I-4 is the most used powerplant for a reason.
More hop up aftermarket support for a I-4.
Both are long in tooth .

For your $4000 I would bet that you can get a Gen2 FZ1.

I don't want to deal with the hassle of importing a bike. The time, shipping, fees and taxes would not be worthwhile. An FZ1 locally is very overpriced as well. $7000 is a typical used price here for a gen 2

I think I'd like something cheaper, much cheaper. I could save money for plane tickets to Europe and Texas for a MotoGP

I do not think you will be happy with that bike. This is a good time to buy a used moto, I think u need to keep looking. Just be patient, good thing comes to those who wait. Plus, karma owes you one, your due for a great deal after the accident! Hang in there buddy!

I do not think you will be happy with that bike. This is a good time to buy a used moto, I think u need to keep looking. Just be patient, good thing comes to those who wait. Plus, karma owes you one, your due for a great deal after the accident! Hang in there buddy!

Thank you for your input. That's very interesting and I'd like to hear more about what you think!

I thought it was a fun bike when I rode it briefly. Hmm

Grom

grom_2014_12.jpg

:wow:

Thank you for your input. That's very interesting and I'd like to hear more about what you think!

I thought it was a fun bike when I rode it briefly. Hmm

I am sure it is a fun bike to ride, they all are:). I could be totally wrong but you have mucho experience on many bikes and while it may be fun I think you would miss not having the available power a litre bike would provide. Especially if you want to put your lady on the back for some good times! Just my $.02. In the end, u must just get what makes u happy and not worry about the rest of us giving u our advice!

My insurance company contacted me today to tell me that I should get a call to settle this week some time. They also informed me that my deductible does not apply to a total loss claim so that's another $500 in my pocket.

I also found the bike I want:
1999 Honda VFR 800

So. IF I get paid this week, I will buy that bike (if it passes my scrutineering)

My insurance company contacted me today to tell me that I should get a call to settle this week some time. They also informed me that my deductible does not apply to a total loss claim so that's another $500 in my pocket.

I also found the bike I want:
1999 Honda VFR 800

So. IF I get paid this week, I will buy that bike (if it passes my scrutineering)

Nice looking bike. School bus yellow should help keep the old ladies from pulling out in front of you. :wilynily::poke::bs2::spank2::D

I'm pretty settled on that VFR. It's the generation I like (gear driven cams, lighter, no VTEC) and it's loaded with the goodies I would have to add anyway. Priced right, low mileage, completely stock. Perfect for me

Back