Dustin's New Bike Thread

And this is where I stand now

Hi Dustin,

There is a large amount of confusion amongst the appraiser, our appraisal desk and the repair facility regarding your bike. I have contacted a senior manager with our appraisal team who is working on getting to the bottom of things asap. I expect we will have a clear view of the state of affairs next week.

I am very sorry for all the hassle and mis-information regarding your claim.

Thanks again for your admirable patience.

Best Regards,

The worst part is that the Fz1 is not proper oiled and cooled if the revs are lower than I think 3k

That will depend on your gearing/gear choice. Also, having IVANs reflash with its change in the actuation of the cooling fan makes a huge difference.

I can also make the case that a XR600 is a better adventure bike than a SuperT. :blowing_kisses:

Dustin, remember, the squeaky wheel gets the claim finished.

I have received confirmation (again) that the bike is a total loss. I hope to settle on Monday. The question is, what do I get now? I think my budget will be limited to $4000, just because.

You could pick up a brand new Suzuki TU250 for $4000, or maybe a Honda Rebel. :wazzup:

2011-Suzuki-TU250X_lg.jpg

2013_Rebel_Black.jpg

Last edited:
So my mechanic & friend gave me the keys to his 1999 ZX6E today. I took it for a rip to see if that kind of sport bike - turned sport tourer is what I'm looking for. The bike comes with a centre stand, good pillion accommodation, comfier clip ons and pegs and slightly detuned motor.

I really liked the character of it and remembered how much I miss a revvy motor.

They are cheap, but hard to find here locally. They were sold as the ZX6E and also the ZZR 600.

Anybody have a suggestion along those lines? I know the VFR is of the same breed. What about the Katana?

Back